Yet another Morrisons thread

thegeek

I wonder if they'll match on purchases in M Locals? Many of their regular promos don't run there, though it might be hard to get to the £15 minimum to trigger the points.
bilky asko

thegeek wrote:I wonder if they'll match on purchases in M Locals? Many of their regular promos don't run there, though it might be hard to get to the £15 minimum to trigger the points.
They're not going to.
Critique wrote:
Jake wrote:Looks like they've settled on a loyalty card, 'Match & More'.

Yes and from what I can tell it's a price match scheme like every other supermarket, but if you could get it cheaper somewhere else the difference is given to you in points (1p = 10 points, so unnecessarily inflating the numbers), and then if you get £5 of points you get a £5 voucher - seems silly to have to save the points before getting them back, although it's of course to encourage return custom, but at Sainsbury's if you could of got it cheaper anywhere else (well just ASDA now but anyway) you get a voucher straight away.

However, the Sainsbury's vouchers expire quite quickly whereas I suppose the Morrisons ones won't. Morrisons are also comparing to places like Lidl, which I don't think any of the other big supermarkets do, do they? Plus they've said they'll include petrol in the scheme, which initially sounded the best part of it as I assumed it would mean they'd compare to everywhere else and give you points if they weren't cheapest, but the website just says you get 10 points per litre of fuel, which is better value than Sainsbury's I think?
The 1p = 10 points is a legacy from the Morrisons Miles scheme. Points will also be earned from "hundreds" of selected items, which sounds a bit ambiguous. The vouchers last for a year - isn't that the same as ClubCard point vouchers?

Sainsburys give you 1 point per litre (0.5p), so you get the equivalent of double at Morrisons (which is how it was with Morrisons Miles) - however, you can use Nectar cards at BP stations as well.
Martin Phillp

My local Morrisons which is an ex Safeway is getting another refit, including a complete revamp of Market Street which does look poor in comparison to other M stores.
TVF's London Lite.
rdobbie

Well, look what the postman brought me day. Apparently it's because I've previously registered my Morrisons Miles (petrol) card, and I'll be able to use this new card in store "very soon" (but not yet).

It seems to me a rather botched roll-out. From a marketing perspective, a mailing like this should have a powerful "call to action", e.g. go and use it RIGHT NOW, and here's a voucher for 500 bonus points with your first swipe. But here, the message seems to be to keep it in a safe place for an unspecified amount of time because you can't use it yet.

The information in the mailing about how points can be earned is vague and ambiguous.

I also note that the mailing doesn't contain any T&Cs or data protection / privacy statements, which is especially cheeky as I never asked for this card, so I never ticked a box consenting to data being harvested about my shopping habits.

All in all, the phrase "back of a fag packet" springs to mind.
JAS84

There was also an article about it in yesterday's Sun, saying it was launching "today" (i.e. yesterday), which means people will be expecting to be able to pick up one of those cards in Morrisons today. If that's not the case, it's a massive screw-up.
thegeek

Alexia

Love it!
bilky asko

Alexia

Doubt it. But could be a proto-meme.
Philip

The till thing - is that the same as Aldi where the staff seem to have been trained to scan your items at the fastest speed possible so you don't have enough time to bag them? And instead you have to just put them in your trolley and wait until the end to use the counters at the side to bag them yourself.
Martin Phillp

Popped into Morrisons earlier and there were no Match & More cards or promotional materials.
TVF's London Lite.