TV Forum needs help

Jamez
Banned

TV Forum is in crisis. We need at least 2 new mods to keep the trolls out!

Discuss

[ORIGINAL POST REMOVED AS THE TOPIC HAS DEVELOPED]
User Removed
DAS

Then again, I've been a member exactly as long as you, but have remained relatively quiet and invisible. Should I therefore expect to be asked as well?
Jamez
Banned

DAS wrote:Then again, I've been a member exactly as long as you, but have remained relatively quiet and invisible. Should I therefore expect to be asked as well?
You've answered your own question there, DAS.
User Removed
johnnyboy

I'm intrigued by the idea that the 4th Mod election of Jan 2003 was rigged.

As you know, I didn't know anything about this until you told me in the chatroom the other day.

I personally don't see any harm you could do to TVF as a moderator. You are like me however in that you don't take orders very well. Asa would view you as a loose cannon - he wouldn't like that as he's quite anal.

I have no problems moving a thread in the Staff Room to suggest you as moderator, if Martin's agreeable.

However, if there is to be another mod, I think an election would be better. And unlike the farce that was the TVF 4th mod election, I would make sure a running count on the votes cast was given.
Dr Lobster*

in what way was it rigged?

did you, jamez actually win the election, and the role was given to mrtomservo?
tvmercia

i dont mean this personally, but i think the fewer the mods on metropol, the better. havent got any issues with the mods/admin on here since they made the changes - and i cannot think of an instance on this board recently where i've thought the mods havent acted in time.

in contrast to tvforum, where trolls are seemingly left unchecked unless they cross robot's path in the bbc world thread.
Jamez
Banned

Dr Lobster* wrote:in what way was it rigged?

did you, jamez actually win the election, and the role was given to mrtomservo?
According to an un-named source at the time, yes.

My election campaign was by far better than Roberts.
User Removed
johnnyboy

Jamez wrote:According to an un-named source at the time, yes.

My election campaign was by far better than Roberts.
How do you feel about putting the allegations out in the open in full, Jamez?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this quite a surprise. Besides which, it's about time we had a bit of scandal.
Jamez
Banned

tvmercia wrote:i dont mean this personally, but i think the fewer the mods on metropol, the better. havent got any issues with the mods/admin on here since they made the changes - and i cannot think of an instance on this board recently where i've thought the mods havent acted in time.

in contrast to tvforum, where trolls are seemingly left unchecked unless they cross robot's path in the bbc world thread.
I agree that the moderation on this website is fine as it is. No changes need to be made WHATSOEVER.

However, there does seem to be some large scale corruption on TV Forum with lot's of 'Blind Eyes' looking the other way.

For instance, why on earth are the likes of Winifred, tvguy etc. still allowed to post on there? If they were on Media UK or DS, they would have had their arses kicked to kingdom come long ago.

Whereas if someone posts a link to 'Library' music or a certain font in the Requests forum, armageddon breaks out!

I just don't understand it, and I believe that TV Forum should hold a new election to vote for the 4th mod again, seeing as MrToms has more or less resigned from carrying out his duty.
User Removed
Dr Lobster*

i say go for it, it is an absolute scandal. would it be fair for me to alledge that this information came from ison or one of the other mods on tvf (the only people who'd really know)?

i think outing this corruption is the only thing to do - there is nothing to lose, in my opinion.
Jamez
Banned

Dr Lobster* wrote:i say go for it, it is an absolute scandal. would it be fair for me to alledge that this information came from ison or one of the other mods on tvf (the only people who'd really know)?

i think outing this corruption is the only thing to do - there is nothing to lose, in my opinion.
Indeed, but if further elections were held for the post of 4th mod on TVF, then any chances I have of succeeding MrToms maybe placed into jeopardy by my suspissions of what occurred 2 years ago.
User Removed