Looking Older Than You Are

James H

I'm 14, and I'd love it if people thought I was. But I asked someone the other day, how old do you think I am, and if you didn't know who I was? they said 18. I'm so flaming fed up of people not coming over and talking to me 'cos they think i'm an adult. I consider a girl where i am, Sharm El Sheikh, to be nice, but she won't give me a second look because she thinks I'm an adult. It's good when you're getting alcohol but bad when you want to make friends and connect with people. Suggestions of what to do? What to say? I go home tomorrow.

James
martindtanderson

When I started College at 17, I was mistaken for being in my 30s. For buying drinks, it would be a good thing although I dont drink, or go out to clubs so I dont get any benefits.

But part of it is that I feel and act as if I'm in my 30s. :cry:
Anonymous

I'm 24, and I've never been ID'd in my life. I quite like looking older than I am - I wouldn't worry about it!
DAS

It's usually a game of chance - I'm nearing the end of my teenage years yet look approxmately 12. My friend is the same age as me yet she looks easily 21. We both frequent Whetherspoons and last time we went, she got IDed and I didn't!

I suppose it's your mentality more than anything, and as you get older, the younger you want to look. The younger you are, the older you want to look. Just one of those things!
cat

We both frequent Whetherspoons

I always thought better of you, DAS.
DAS

I know, I'm an utter disgrace - I go to a commoner's pub (and can't spell its name properly). It's cheap, local and sells alcohol. What can I say?
cdd

DAS wrote:as you get older, the younger you want to look. The younger you are, the older you want to look.
So where is the magical crossover point where you're totally satisfied with the age you look?
Lee

cdd wrote:
DAS wrote:as you get older, the younger you want to look. The younger you are, the older you want to look.
So where is the magical crossover point where you're totally satisfied with the age you look?
Between 20 and 30 I'd say. When I get to 25, I'll be happy. I don't want to get any older or any younger from that point. I've been told I look 15 by people younger than me, and older than my age by people older than me. Not that I've performed some nation-wide poll, that's just what people tell me!

I only seem to get on with older people in life, but that could be because I've never really had much of a childhood, always being around adults.
all new Phil

I'm 20 and I get IDed all the time buying cigarettes... so I obviously look 15. I wouldn't mind but whenever it happens, its always when I get them from a garage *that I drove to*, and I pay by card. Honestly, that and the fact that I'm 6 foot odd tall as well really makes me wonder just how stupid some people are.

I must just have a cute babyish face...
tvmercia

all new Phil wrote:I'm 20 and I get IDed all the time buying cigarettes... so I obviously look 15. I wouldn't mind but whenever it happens, its always when I get them from a garage *that I drove to*, and I pay by card. Honestly, that and the fact that I'm 6 foot odd tall as well really makes me wonder just how stupid some people are.

I must just have a cute babyish face...
maybe its cos you ask for a packet of love hearts and a milkybar in the same sentence - and then try to pay with a pocket full of coppers.
ashley b

I have always been told as I ewas growing upthat I look older than I was, msainly because of my tallness, but recently I am now beingf told I look younger than I am (22) and still get IDed for alcohol. God knows where the cross over point was, well they say he does.
*whistle*