Presentation Other Than TV

Ant

Hey there

I rememeber in the old Lounge on TV Forum, we used to have a thread concerned with presentation of things other than TV e.g. shops, public services, websites etc etc and I thought we could bring it back to here. Not really sure how to start it off but my worst shop (presentation wise) is definately Morrisons!

Cheers
DAS

I dunno. Under normal circumstances I would say that Morrisons' presentation is awful but the colour scheme takes me back to the olden days of Gateway and all that. So I like it.
James Martin

Definetely Morrisons to win the award for worst branding.

I'd love to know why they've never updated, or at least stylised their imaging in some way.

We used to have a Gateway in Hinckley in the 1980s - in 1994 it became Food Giant (think Morrisons-meets-Lidl gone wrong without Market Street) and then it became a Somerfield in 1998, which it still is.
Johnny

Agreed with the Morrisions logo. Their shopping bags are starting to appear in east london & looks shyte. they also use those tansparent plastic bags which I hate.

On of the best has the be the London Underground Roundel. Simple yet grabs your eye.
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
rts

Morrisons has branding?
cat

Sainsbury's wins top marks for in-store design... but sadly not for prices.

And as for Somerfield...

Somerfield is to quality, as Burberry is to fashion.
nwtv2003

Johnny wrote:Agreed with the Morrisions logo. Their shopping bags are starting to appear in east london & looks shyte. they also use those tansparent plastic bags which I hate.
As a Morrisons employee I think the logo is crap and very outdated and is long overdue for a change, but the bag is something that I actually like, compared to previous designs that looked tacky this current style is better IMO, the new font they introduced last year looks better too.

Though I agree Sainsbury's always looks nice inside, always that nice shade of blue and orange, even in Locals! But as said prices aren't brilliant.
DAS

Come on people, you must admit that being surrounded by pretty carrier bags, faultless branding and gorgeously designed illuminated fascias gets boring after a while - Morrisons allows you step back in time to when the world wasn't *so* brand aware? No? I'll get me coat.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I met a girl at a Hogmanay party who works at a big Safeway in Edinburgh. She told me that they plan NEVER to change to Morrisons.

I didn't manage to press her further, as her boyfriend Peter promptly dumped her and he was kissing me an hour later.

Don't worry, she didn't see a thing.

She was outside the flat crying on the steps.
James Martin

Anynoe notice that http://morrisons-employee.blogspot.com got featured in the Sunday Times?

Some of the stories are shocking - ntw2003, are conditions really that bad?
nidave

anyone else notice a lot more of the instore radio stations appearing?

I have just heard (today alone),
pcworld FM, Currys FM, Spar Live.

Thought that sort of thing was becoming less popular?