Flooding, yet again!

Anonymous

see this thread about the first flood.-> flood

I was in the living room watching television, when I noticed near the balcony do was wet, I investigated it i found the balcony door heving in lots of water from the balcony from the heavy downpour this evening. I had quickly rushed and and alerted my mum and she ran in to the living room and called the emergency services (not 999) :shock:

Damage
:Has ruined our replacement carpet from the last flood
--------
I feel sorry for the people in Boscastle, Cornwall.
100 times worse.

Could this be because of global warming?

PS. It only flooded the living room thank god!
fusionlad

Emergency services, but not 999?

Who was it then the Flood Fairies?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Bummer. Those fairies would have been cool.
fusionlad

Barrett wrote:no the local council emergency services
Didn't think of them... I'll let you off ;)
Pete

It's strange how you get affected by every news item possible.

Your friend was murdered for his mobile, another one your relatives die whenever we start insulting you and then you get flooded.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Anonymous

Hymagumba wrote:It's strange how you get affected by every news item possible.

Your friend was murdered for his mobile, another one your relatives die whenever we start insulting you and then you get flooded.
don't you have anything better to do

correction! the guy that got murdered for his mobile is not my friend! just someone i know knows him.
fusionlad

Hymagumba wrote:It's strange how you get affected by every news item possible.

LOL. Perhaps someone will steal his dictionary when I pick up on his English?
Cheese Head
Banned

Barrett wrote:see this thread about the first flood.-> flood

I was in the living room watching television, when I noticed near the balcony do was wet, I investigated it i found the balcony door heving in lots of water from the balcony from the heavy downpour this evening. I had quickly rushed and and alerted my mum and she ran in to the living room and called the emergency services (not 999) :shock:

Damage
:Has ruined our replacement carpet from the last flood
--------
I feel sorry for the people in Boscastle, Cornwall.
100 times worse.

Could this be because of global warming?

PS. It only flooded the living room thank god!
Translation: I was in the living room watching TV when I noticed the near balcony door was wet. I had a look, and found that from the heavy downpour the balcony started to flood. I rushed to tell mum, who called the local council emergency services. Fortunatly, the only damage was the replacement carpet from the last flood.

I really feel sorry for the Boscastle Residents, there dealing with it 100 times worse.

Do you think this is happening because of the long term effects of global warming finally kicking in?

PS. Thank god it was only the living room!

Now, I know it still isn't very informative, but I'm working with the little material I have. . .
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
dvboy

Cheese Head wrote:I really feel sorry for the Boscastle Residents, there dealing with it 100 times worse.
If you're going to correct someone else's grammar and spelling you should at least get it right yourself. There's four errors in that sentence. Can you spot them?
DAS

dvboy wrote:
Cheese Head wrote:I really feel sorry for the Boscastle Residents, there dealing with it 100 times worse.
If you're going to correct someone else's grammar and spelling you should at least get it right yourself. There's four errors in that sentence. Can you spot them?
Yes sir.

1. Residents should not be capitalised
2. The comma should ideally be replaced with a semi-colon
3. "There" should be "they're"
4. The residents are almost certainly dealing with it brilliantly; the situation is 100 times worse.

In addition, Mr Stanley, if you're going to correct someone else's correction of someone else's grammar, you should triple check your'e own. It should read "THERE ARE four errors in that sentence".