In-store music

Malpass93

It could be much worse. Scunthorpe's TJ Hughes plays a selection of songs that are badly covered. Not nice to listen to at all.
The New Malpass.
Nick Harvey
God

Goodness; reminds me of the old Embassy record label in Woolworths.
Pete

B&Q have recently changed to bad cover versions too.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
PRODISC/DS

Malpass93 wrote:
PRODISC/DS wrote:Hello, I know quite alot about Instore Radio.
Spar Live- REDIFFUSION MUSIC
Asda FM- HEADLAND MEDIA
HomeBase FM- DMX MUSIC (I infact have one of their players, A ProDisc DS To be exact, It is very reliable and BUILT LIKE A TANK! It's made by Shinano Kenshi and has a PLEXTOR Drive for CDs)
Well thanks for that.
Sorry. I found out that REDIFFUSIONMusic merged with aei to become DMX music
aeonsource

Just a question, but what is that music they keep playing in Crystal Peaks Wilko's (and presumably other Wilko stores) and the Meadowhall Interchange?

The instrumental one, which sounds like music from a BBC Schools programme from the late 80s/early 90s.
:V
Pete

aeonsource wrote:Just a question, but what is that music they keep playing in Crystal Peaks Wilko's (and presumably other Wilko stores) and the Meadowhall Interchange?

The instrumental one, which sounds like music from a BBC Schools programme from the late 80s/early 90s.
I know exactly the one you mean, a mess of guitars and panpipes with a woman singing incomprehensible words if its allowed to play for long enough? Also plays at B&Q and McDonalds. Different length each time. I presume it played as the CD changed but apparently they're satellite based so god knows what it is. Perhaps the jingle of the company that does the music? It's horrid though.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Col

I always like hearing the same 1980s compilation CDs on rotation in my local Poundworld (and I think every other branch). Better than the non-copyright stuff that plays in Poundland, anyway.

I believe many in-store radio stations were managed by a company (Immedia) whose CEO is former Radio 1 DJ Bruno Brookes, not sure if that's still the case.

And I remember you used to pick up ASDA FM on old Sky analogue receivers in the late 1990s - which I therefore assume is how it was distributed across all stores.
WillPS

Yepp, Little Chef was/is distributed through Astra Digital too.
Liam125

Does anyone actually know any of the tracks they play in Homebase? - I know they're all unsigned. But what medium do they play them on currently... satellite, CD-BGM/CD-i or DMX ProDisc? Half the songs are quite decent, mostly unsigned indie or light rock. Some are pop. I'd like to get hold of some of them
PRODISC/DS

aeonsource wrote:Just a question, but what is that music they keep playing in Crystal Peaks Wilko's (and presumably other Wilko stores) and the Meadowhall Interchange?

It is IONA- Matthew - The Man
'ere it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nzKlAJiyE
PRODISC/DS

It was also used in Kwik Save, Food Giant, Wilkos, McD's
Its a holding stream for when the internet connection is down or the store is reaching its end and their packing up the radio station

hence how it happend in kwikies.