Graphology. Yes, again.

chinajan

Due to popular request (one), and to celebrate the anniversary, I have been persuaded to cast my eye over your handwritten meanderings again, analysis for the purpose of.

I require a sample of handwriting, preferably on unlined paper with all margins visible, about ten lines will suffice. It doesn't matter what you write, but it's best not to copy from a publication - it affects your writing flow if you are copying. May I suggest a postcard from your imaginary summer holiday at Reighton Gap?

Previously, I wouldn't analyse the handwriting of under-eighteens* - there is a belief that one's handwriting is not sufficiently removed from the school model until one achieves adulthood and independence. But what the hell, it's a party. It is a party, isn't it?

Be aware that I'm ultra busy moving house and changing jobs right now, but I'll do my best to accommodate all.

That's one of my own failings.

*One excepts RTS from this. Forty years old going on eighteen if I'm not mistaken.

Bring it.

ETA: Sign your name in your 'normal' signature somewhere on the page.
MrTomServo

I'll bite. Disco away.

I'll skip the signature bit, though ... I don't want cheques showing up with my John Hancock on them. I know you're crafty like that, Jan. ;) I think you analysed my handwriting before in the last go-round, but I seem to recall not providing a very detailed ... er ... specimen.

So tell me I'm really messed up. Go on, I can take it.

(Oh, and the text are some lyrics from an obscure song by Norman Cook, back when he called himself Yum Yum Head Food, or something bizarre like that.)

rts

chinajan wrote:*One excepts RTS from this. Forty years old going on eighteen if I'm not mistaken.
41 thank you very much.
cat

MrTomServo wrote:I'll bite. Disco away.

I'll skip the signature bit, though ... I don't want cheques showing up with my John Hancock on them. I know you're crafty like that, Jan. ;) I think you analysed my handwriting before in the last go-round, but I seem to recall not providing a very detailed ... er ... specimen.

So tell me I'm really messed up. Go on, I can take it.

(Oh, and the text are some lyrics from an obscure song by Norman Cook, back when he called himself Yum Yum Head Food, or something bizarre like that.)

Neurotic, I'd say.
Sput

I think mrtoms' handwriting looks very nice, but as it's all in capitals he's in a rush and a little bit pedantic. But it LOOKS lovely!

Can I see James Martin's handwriting? I bet it makes him look like a mental.
chinajan

Mr TomS

Sorry - I should have said not in caps. Would you mind? And you can sign someone else's name. Just sign as if you are John Smith or whatever but in the manner of your own signature.
MrTomServo

chinajan wrote:Mr TomS

Sorry - I should have said not in caps. Would you mind? And you can sign someone else's name. Just sign as if you are John Smith or whatever but in the manner of your own signature.
Oh poopers. Here's another try. And it's really hard to sign someone else's name, so I just signed mine. If anyone can use it to get the $20 that's in my bank account anyway, then more power to you.

But keep in mind that I normally do write in all caps, and the whole UPPERlower thing is really irritating to write in. I can't see how you all do it, really.

Sput

MrTomServo wrote:If anyone can use it to get the $20 that's in my bank account...
Erm, I THINK you'll find that's now $0.01 ;)
chinajan

Thanks. Much more revealing!

As has been said, very pleasant writing and very legible - you won't be surprised to hear that good legibility indicates a good communicator. So much for the obvious stuff.

This writing indicates someone who is cultured and has very good taste. You're well balanced, easy going with a love of order and style. There's a sense of isolation - you're happy to be in your own company. You have a lot of self respect, in fact a very well developed sense of self. It doesn't matter what people think of you - you have confidence in your own talents and persona.

You are highly intelligent and fast thinking. You are able to balance your public and private lives very well and have a down to earth personality. You're both practical and a perfectionist, good at organising, a planner. There's a slight tendency to introversion, but not markedly so.

You would have no compunction ending a friendship if someone overstepped the mark, but that's countered by being more than averagely liberal and open-minded.

Just as I thought!
Sput

Here's my apalling scrawl. If his neatness represents good communication then I guess I'm worse than Stephen Hawking...
I must admit I am normally neather but my hand was sticking to the paper and I was rushing - as the story tells!

Here's the awful truth
Pete

Does it matter if you are tired when you write or should you wait till tomorrow when you are more awake?
"He has to be larger than bacon"