Depression

James Martin

Does anyone know a good way to treat depression? I feel depressed right now and have done for some time. Don't know why but just do, regretting silly things I did years ago and stuff.

Anyone know any natural remedies for it?
MrTomServo

You know, when I'm depressed, I make a demo tape. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

iSon

You know that's right. ;)
Good Lord!
James Martin

Anyone got any serious contributions? :?
MrTomServo

Flava wrote:Anyone got any serious contributions? :?
No, seriously! Just listen to the last one I did! The results speak for themselves.

Dr Lobster*

i haven't really suffered from depression, but at certain times of my life, such as after a breakup with a g/f or something, i find the best thing to do is persue new interests and keep yourself busy to take your mind off things.

plan stuff in your life to give you things to look forward to etc. do something you've never done before. start an evening class. give yourself something to work on.

i'm not really sure of your personal circumstances, but, what i do know is that everyone from time to time gets pissed with life and feels down. as i have said, your best bet is to do stuff to take your mind off things, and if after doing different stuff with your life and making new friends the depression still continues, you should perhaps contact your gp.
DAS

Whenever I feel down, I do a bit of baking.
Gavin Scott
Admin

JM, we all feel down from time to time and that's normal.

If you find that you have more unhappy days than happy ones then you must consider speaking to you doctor. Don't try to take advice on an internet forum because, with the best will in the world, we are not going to be able to give the best advice.

There are anti-depressants available of course, but it wouldn't be approriate for someone on the forum to make a suggestion about drugs which will alter your brain chemistry.

As to natural remedies, I hear "Kira" is very good. Its basically a St Johns Wort derivative, and can help bring a balance to life's little lows.

I cannot stress this enough though - don't attempt to diagnose by-proxy.

Go and chat to your GP.
cdd

Nah, Mr. Martin here is just an attention seeker.

Depressed James? again? like the time before, and the time before that? Yeah right.
Gavin Scott
Admin

cdd wrote:Nah, Mr. Martin here is just an attention seeker.

Depressed James? again? like the time before, and the time before that? Yeah right.
It is conceivable that a person who refers to being depressed often may, in fact, be depressed.

Not that I want to state the obvious or anything.
Cheese Head
Banned

I often find myself to be depressed at points but I never really show it. I'm just really confused about myself and I end up thinking in depth about everything wich just makes things worse. Then eventually, I'd be asleep.

I say just try to avoid thinking about it.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to