Shaving......

Joe Public

Is shaving classed as personal hygiene?

and

Is shaving necessary for good personal hygiene?
In connection with my cr*p spelling I would like to anotate all my posts with (sp?)
Cheese Head
Banned

I'd say so, for both. Why you ask?

I remember reading the lame puberty booklets from like year 7, and they said that under the foreskin should be cleaned reguarly as part of a Personal Hygene Routine.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Joe Public

I am wanting to settle an argument!

And I did mean the hair on your face :lol:
In connection with my cr*p spelling I would like to anotate all my posts with (sp?)
rts

I managed to rip half my face of while shaving this morning. Ok, I cut myself a bit. No pictures I'm afraid, but I assure you it hurt.

I refuse to shave at weekends, but it does mean I look a little terrible. More so than usual.
Cheese Head
Banned

lol, I only tend to shower over weekends if I'm going anywhere, if I'm not - i don't.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
nwtv2003

I usually have to shave every other day otherwise it doesn't look that nice, but for hygiene, technically work (WM Morrison PLC to you and me) tells us that we have to be 'clean shaven' but that's fair enough if you're handling fresh food. Last year I didn't shave for a week and it was the week leading up to the Prom, but I shaved it off on the day of the prom, but anyway it really encouraged me to shave as it looked horrible and if I went like that to the prom, god knows what would have happened.

That reminds me, I need to have a shave tomorrow.

My friend told me that when he shaves, he only uses his shaver and some water, which I thought must hurt, I usually use shaving gel, well a Lynx one at the mo, but it is annoying when it can bring you out in a rash.
Snu

Having fair hair means facial hair for me is far less noticeable. That said, theres nothing worse than a face with more pricks on it than the French football team. So shaving is a must.
I say it only because I'm good looking...
Katherine

Something I've never understood. Leg hair shaving - why is it acceptable for men to walk round with legs looking like lagged boilers, but not acceptable for women to do likewise?
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
cwathen

My friend told me that when he shaves, he only uses his shaver and some water, which I thought must hurt, I usually use shaving gel, well a Lynx one at the mo, but it is annoying when it can bring you out in a rash.
I've occasionally even dry shaved - just used the razor with nothing else. As long as there isn't too much growth, with practice you can do that without any problems at all.

Do I gather from this thread that no one uses an electric razor? Jolly good, I've tried several but never found one which can do the job properly. Granted, some top of the line £100+ Philishave model might do it, but why pay that much money for something when you can get the same result from a 50p bic disposable razor?
tillyoshea

cwathen wrote:Do I gather from this thread that no one uses an electric razor? Jolly good, I've tried several but never found one which can do the job properly. Granted, some top of the line £100+ Philishave model might do it, but why pay that much money for something when you can get the same result from a 50p bic disposable razor?
I very occassionally use an electric razor, usually if I'm running very late and don't feel I can get away without some kind of shave.
Katherine

cwathen wrote:Do I gather from this thread that no one uses an electric razor? Jolly good, I've tried several but never found one which can do the job properly.
Well, not me, certainly..... i make do with disposables....
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!