Your favourite video/computer games of all time

Dr Lobster*

Image Image

Image Image

Ok, there are my top four favourite games of all time, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Street Fighter 2 and Mario 64.

Other notable games include Sim City 4, Tetris and Quake II.

What are your favourite games and do you find the games of today take themselves far too seriously and have become boring?

I see on gamepad 4 on Bravo sometimes these games with hugely complex (and utterly stupid) plots often explained by a cheaply produced, poorly voiced over pre-rendered video sequence. Whatever happened to games you could just sit down and play?
Pete

I like Mario 3, plus the "om" sound on Mario 2.

Are there any sort of SNES emulators with downloadable games out of interest?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin

For me it was Donkey Kong, simply because it was the only game I ever managed to complete. After that I would say Super Mario Karts

DavidJonathan

My favourite games are Myst, Riven & Myst III. They are absolutely fantastic I think.
Sput

Three words...
Prince of Persia
(is that more like two and a half?) Anyhoo! The ultimate challenge, punctuated by a rockin' internal speaker soundtrack (for those without a Gravis Ultrasound or Sound Blaster 16/Pro).
DJF

From my Mega Drive days I'd definately say Sonic! (mainly becuase it was the only game I had for about 6 years! On the N64 it would definately be Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, and Beetle Adventure Racing.

On the PC my all time favourite games are Black Dahlia (great!), The Beast Within and that sort of genre (don't really know what it's called - sort of a mystery adventure rpg?) Also not forgetting the classic Monkey Island Series!!
Dan
nwtv2003

Sonic 1,2 and 3 for the Mega Drive, Mario for the NES, now that was a classic! I don't play Computer games that much these days but the best ones of recent years have been Gran Turismo for the PSOne and PS2, The FIFA Games from 2001 and beyond have been good too. Another favourite is also the first Crazy Taxi game, that is great, I still play it from time to time even though its years old! Though I've not played it I hear Counter Strike on XBox/PC is supposed to be good.
johnnyboy

Super Mario Kart for the SNES.

No competition.
markyboi

every sonic except from sonic 3d, fucking hate that one.
markyboi

oh, and final fantasy 8
Gavin Scott
Admin

Martin wrote: After that I would say Super Mario Karts

johnnyboy wrote:Super Mario Kart for the SNES.

No competition.
100% agree. Not much of a gamer, but Mario Kart on the SNES was the first that let me beleive I was any good!