Your favourite video/computer games of all time

Nugs

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time on the N64. A fantastic game and a real showcase for what the console could produce technically. Although the game was rock hard in places, it never became frustrating or tedious, and I felt really satisfied when I eventually completed it. :D

Big fan of Sonic as well. I think I prefer the 2 Dreamcast games over the classic 16-bit versions though. Sonic Adventure 2 being the better of the 2 games.

Blast Corps on the N64 is another classic game which I loved playing when it first came out. Perhaps it was so good because it was different to anything else out at the time, or because you could spend hours smashing stuff up. Great idea including the A-Team Van as a bonus veichle as well!

Mario 64 gets my vote as well, along with Goldeneye. Soul Caliber on DC. Solaris on Atari 2600, California Games on Atari Lynx, Commando on C64, Cannon Fodder and Lemmings on Amiga. All classic games. :)
Nugs

Hymagumba wrote:I like Mario 3, plus the "om" sound on Mario 2.

Are there any sort of SNES emulators with downloadable games out of interest?
Give this site a whirl if you're looking for a SNES emulator.

As for some game Roms to use with it, a quick search for '.smc' on KaZaA Lite should sort you out. :)
stu

Very hard to decide, as I've have many systems and games to choose from

Cannon Fodder 1&2 on the Amiga
Mayhem in Monsterland on the C64
Max Payne 1&2 on the PC
Atic Atac on the Speccy
Tony Hawks series on PS1
Earthworm Jim series on MD

The Amiga must be my most favoured system, it introduced me to many fantastic things, the demoscene for example!

Emulators are useful, but I prefer having the original system.
Nugs

stu wrote:Very hard to decide, as I've have many systems and games to choose from

Cannon Fodder 1&2 on the Amiga
Mayhem in Monsterland on the C64
Max Payne 1&2 on the PC
Atic Atac on the Speccy
Tony Hawks series on PS1
Earthworm Jim series on MD

The Amiga must be my most favoured system, it introduced me to many fantastic things, the demoscene for example!

Emulators are useful, but I prefer having the original system.
Mayhem in Monsterland rocked! Surely it must be the best game ever released on the C64.

Such a shame that my C64 burnt out. :cry:
Dr Lobster*

Nugs wrote:
Mayhem in Monsterland rocked! Surely it must be the best game ever released on the C64.

Such a shame that my C64 burnt out. :cry:
I think so too, and I forgot to mention that. In its time, it looked fantastic and pushed the bounderies of what was thought to be possible on the c64 to the limits. It looked and sounded amazing.
martindtanderson

I am a devout fan to the whole Legend of Zelda series, and this new game announced on tuesday took us all by surprise. This is gonna be saaaweeeeet!

The reason for the surprise...

When Ocarina of Time came out on the N64 in 1998, it looked like this:

Then after the launch of the GameCube, we have Wind Waker:

And the upcoming GameCube game (planned release 2005-6):
DJGM

PacMan . . . 'nuff said!
Ed Hammond

You cannot argue with the following list. Everything suggested so far is utter rot, as far as I am concerned.

Castle Wolfenstein 3D (IBM PC, 1991ish) - the grandaddy of them all, Wolfenstein led where Quake etc meekly followed.

Arcanoid (BBC B/Master, 1988), or any other Breakout-clone - the most ridiculously addictive thing in the world.

Nevryon (BBCB/Master, 1990) - probably one of the last games written for the BBC Micro, a spectacularly brilliant game where I still can't get past Level 6, after fourteen years.

SimCity (IBM PC, 1989) - well, the sequels may have flashy 3D isometric graphics, but this was easily the best one. Mind you, I haven't played SC4 yet.

That's my four. There are others I have liked, but those are my favourites. And they should be yours too.
Nugs

Ed Hammond wrote:You cannot argue with the following list. Everything suggested so far is utter rot, as far as I am concerned.
You are entitled to your opinion of course, but surely you don't think games such as Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Kart, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Pac Man are Rot?

I'd be interested to hear your reasons as to why these games are rot, in your opinion.
dvboy

I'm going to say Crash Team Racing on the PS
NEW improved BBC Sport Interactive listings for DigiGuide TV Guide.
DJGM

For some reason, the actor Ashton Kutcher suddenly spring to mind . . . !

"DUDE, where's my GameBoy Advance?!?"