When life is shit, it's *really* shit!

Anonymous

Time: 12.01pm, Tuesday 11th May 2004.

Incident:

As I was about to pull out of my driveway onto the road (my car was stationary at the time), an oil tanker lorry comes screaming down the road and hits the side of my lovely car.

The bonnet flew off down the road, there was debris for 50 yds down the road, and my chasis was wrecked.

My girlfriend and me were taken to hospital for minor neck and whiplash injuries. I intend to make a claim against the tanker company which slammed into my car, which I've only had for 5 weeks!

I'm truely gutted. Words cannot describe.

Following picture is a still from a video i shot at the scene just seconds after the police and fire engines arrived (car was on fire, you can see the foam on my engine and on the road.

I'm truely truely gutted. Life is crap!

Image[/img]
cdd

James:-

A car accident where people are hurt is never nice, but you have to count yourself lucky that it wasn't worse (which it could have been).

I can't see your claim against the tanker being unsuccessful, and you should get awarded not only for the damages to your car but also for passengers injured.

I hope your claim is successful and any injuries aren't long-term.

All the best

Chris
rts

Bloody hell, you had quite a lucky escape there. Very glad you and your girlfriend survived relatively unscathed.

As I said in another thread somewhere recently, I'm back to driving my Renault Clio (which I had not yet sold) as some berk crashed into my lovely brand new black Renault Migane Sport. Should be back with me in a week or two.

Terribly depressing, and a claim is definitely in order, but thank God you still have your lives!
Anonymous

yeah, becky and I are ok. She's still in shock, bless her.

My neck is still sore though. Yeah, I'm definately going to claim on the tankers insurance. I don't know if my case is strong enough to take to those compensation companies that advertise on ITV News Channel! :lol:

I've been looking for new cars already. Luckily, I still had my Mondeo which i haven't sold yet, so I'm using that for the time being. £2,000 would cover my expenses for a new car. The Peugeot was worth about £1,600.
Martin

Bad luck, at least no one was injured I guess.

What kind of car was it?
Anonymous

1997 Peugeot 406 (2.0 litre). :cry:
Aston

Sorry to hear about this Jamez, the main thing is that no-one was seriously injured.
rts wrote:As I said in another thread somewhere recently, I'm back to driving my Renault Clio (which I had not yet sold) as some berk crashed into my lovely brand new black Renault Migane Sport. Should be back with me in a week or two.
How the hell can you as an A Level student afford any kind of car, especially a brand new sports car??

I work full time and I can't afford anything, let alone a car!
Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your car accident, You should consider yourself lucky that you got out with whiplash and minor injuries :(

Well Hope your girlfriend get better ;)
Boughton

Aston wrote:Sorry to hear about this Jamez, the main thing is that no-one was seriously injured.
rts wrote:As I said in another thread somewhere recently, I'm back to driving my Renault Clio (which I had not yet sold) as some berk crashed into my lovely brand new black Renault Migane Sport. Should be back with me in a week or two.
How the hell can you as an A Level student afford any kind of car, especially a brand new sports car??

Not to mention the insurance to cover an 18-year-old schoolboy to drive a brand new sports car! I dread to think how much that would be - I imagine most insurance companies wouldn't even touch it with the proverbial bargepole.
rts

Aston wrote:

Inheritance - so thought I'd get something useful.
Aston

rts wrote:
Aston wrote:

Inheritance - so thought I'd get something useful.
Fair enough - I suppose inheritance brings with it two emotions, especially being upset with the passing of someone close...