Loud music in the street

russnet

lol. I use to stay up to the crack of dawn until it started smelling. :shock:
SteveL

It's lawnmowers here. One neighbour mows his lawn at around 9pm every few nights (his grass ends up with big brown patches on it), and another mows his around 9am on a Saturday, waking me up every time.

They're not quiet, either; I swear they've drilled holes in the muffler or something.
Cheese Head
Banned

On the bus today this girl was always on her mobile, and she was like "Alright babe!? How are ya!?" to everyone she spoke to extremely loud, god, I just wanted to slap her.

Then she'd be listening to music quite loudly too, and we could only tell she was listening to Travis' Sing by her *wonderdul* singing voice.

Heh, ahwell, it took me and these other guys, that I've never met before, to not (noticeably) burst out laughing!

[edit]

There! Happy now!
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Chris

Cheese Head wrote:Then shed be listening to music quite loudly too, and we could only tell she was listening to Travis' Sing by her *wonderdul* singing voice.
Gee, what a nice thing to call her, a shed ;)
dvboy

What the fuck is that fucking banging outside my hosue now? :evil:
NEW improved BBC Sport Interactive listings for DigiGuide TV Guide.
Pete

dvboy wrote:What the fuck is that fucking banging outside my hosue now? :evil:
I don't know - why are you asking us?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Cheese Head
Banned

Did anyone hear about that guy that killed his neighbour for making too much DIY noise? I dont blame him, our neighbours are up early and, for some reason, always listen to Radio 4.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Gavin Scott
Admin

The noise outside my flat used to drive me nuts. Its one of those things where, for example, a car engine idling outside isn't *that* loud, but when you are just about to fall asleep it seems like torture. I had double glazing put in with astonishing results. I don't hear a thing from outside now.

The only thing is I suddenly became aware of my downstairs neighbours. For months I had to listen to either their music, (Robbie Williams), or their television which seemed to start at about half past midnight. They must have been watching Friends DVDs, as my slumber was punctuated every 5 minutes with one of those guitar riffs between the scenes (#DADDA-DANG-DANG-DANG#), followed by Ross shouting (usually). His voice really carries.

I used to lie awake and contemplate phoning the police, or tying a stone to a string and haning out my window, swinging it like a pendulum and smashing theirs.

I ended up typing a wee note and popping it through their door. I asked if they would be kind enough to turn it down after midnight, and I left my moby number. I got a call from an apologetic chap the next day saying he had no idea, and since then I've barely heard them.

I'm really pleased I chose to write the letter first. People never fail to surprise me.
Katherine

Chris wrote:I've had these birds twittering outside my bleedin' window all day every day from about 5 in the morning to 9 at night since the clocks went forward 1 hour.
Cheese Head wrote:We get the neighbours bastard dog constantly barking and the bastard neighbours do nothing about it. BASTARDS.
SteveL wrote:It's lawnmowers here. One neighbour mows his lawn at around 9pm every few nights (his grass ends up with big brown patches on it), and another mows his around 9am on a Saturday, waking me up every time
Have any of you people ever been to Boots? They sell this wonderful invention consisting of a pair of small tubes of spongy material called 'ear plugs'. Said product is inserted into the ear just before you settle down to sleep and once there, they expand to fit the ear canal and block out something called 'sound'. An affordable product, Boots have a 3 for 2 offer so you can get three boxes for around a fiver.... go check this innovation out.... I hate the bloody birds twittering early in the morning too, but since I discovered this lifechanger called ear plugs, I sleep right through the dawn chorus and the birds are no longer a problem!
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable using ear plugs, as I would be unlikely to hear the door, my phone, or at worst the smoke alarm in my living room.

Earplugs are fine when there is someone else there not wearing them, and that wouldn't apply to those who live alone.

Like me. *Sniff*
Katherine

Gavin Scott wrote:Earplugs are fine when there is someone else there not wearing them, and that wouldn't apply to those who live alone.

Like me. *Sniff*
Unlike me - I still live with my parents and will remain doing so for the foreseeable future........
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!