Baysick Litterasy

Brad

OK, not having a go at dyslexics or anybody like that obviously, but I'm talking about examples of signs in public places that have blatent spelling clangers in them to such an extent it gives off a poor image of the company or service provided. Some recent examples I have seen:

York Hospital canteen welcomes staff and visitors, apparently to it's "Dinning Room" where on the menu you can eat a "Jacket Potatoe."

Likewise, the sign on the ward I was on last month states "Are visiting hours are 3 until 8"

The pub near me is now "under new manigemant"

And by a market stall today I saw the sign: "if you carnt see what you want, please ask."

And by the hot food stand, you can enjoy a "Hot Dog with Unions"
I can see it now: "Hot dog with mustard and the Transport and General Workers Union please!"

Reminds me of Arkwright and his "Speciol Offer" ;)

Any examples you have seen?
"That one!"
nwtv2003

There was a classic the other week about a mistake in road markings at the M6 in Lymm, as one lane goes to Knutsford, but the painters put it as N'Ford, which to some people means nothing, but now they've changed it to K'Ford, though you can still see where the N was.
chinajan

Brad wrote:blatent

James Martin

:D
James Hatts

Flava wrote::D
How very literate and eloquent.
Brad

Maybe that was blatant though? ;)
"That one!"
Chris

nwtv2003 wrote:There was a classic the other week about a mistake in road markings at the M6 in Lymm, as one lane goes to Knutsford, but the painters put it as N'Ford, which to some people means nothing, but now they've changed it to K'Ford, though you can still see where the N was.
Wasn't there that story in the papers a while ago where some road contractors painted a "shcool" sign on the road...

Oh Shit! How did we ever get this job? ;)

Oops.... :lol:
iSon

A council car park that wasn't far from my old college proudly had sprayed onto the tarmac:

KEER
CLEAR

:lol:
Good Lord!
Andrew Muir

I noticed on Grandstand on Saturday that one of their captions advertising a football match was spelt wrong. Something like, "Live form Old Trafford".

Mind you, that's quite an easy miskate to make - but someone should check these things.
Katherine

The May Fair's in town in Boston at the moment, and I have seen the following two spelling/grammar errors whilst going round this afternoon:

"This rise is not for the faint-hearted or WHIMPS"

And to show that a lack of grammatical know-how is sadly the norm:

"Mices'.

Has anyone read the book Eats Shoots and Leaves yet? It's got a Panda on the front up a ladder.....
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Cheese Head
Banned

Lee Stanley has spoken about that book quite a bit actually, and I only noticed it in WHSmith because he metioned it himself. Im tempted to go buy it now. Ill check out the duty free shops when i goto spain next week. :D
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to