Big issue street/sellers and such folk

nwtv2003

My friend noticed a Big Issue seller outside Somerfield once who then entered the store and asked for his phone to top up with his top up card, though I would have thought he would have gave 10 £1 coins, he gave a £10 note.

If you have been into Central Manchester they do the right thing as the Council have a box that asks for donations, then they're collected and given to the needy.

Some prick came to me and my mate once asking for 50p so he could get back to Glasgow. (From Warrington)
Martin

nwtv2003 wrote:Some prick came to me and my mate once asking for 50p so he could get back to Glasgow. (From Warrington)
Lol someone must have gave him it as he's pretty active up here these days.

Got stopped by a guy in Central who; once I convinced I had no spare change, was content to stand next to me while I was waiting, until someone else passed that he could ask. :roll:
Si-Co

Someone once asked me in the centre of Newcastle if I could help him out with his bus fare home. I said no, sorry, I have no cash on me at all - just my bus pass. It was actually the truth. The guy then proceeded to ask a series of questions like, Did I have a bank card? Could I draw some money out for him? We can get change somewhere etc. For pity's sake - these people do not have a god-given right to other people's money! If I thought someone genuinely needed a few extra pennies for their bus fare, then I might hand it over if I had the cash on me. But how do I know they don't just want the money to buy a packet of fags and they have enough money or a pass to get home anyway??

I'm not tight or unkind, and I'll normally give anyone a cigarette if they ask, but some people just take the p*ss!
Everyone hears what you say,
Friends listen to what you say,
Best friends listen to what you don't say.