Another High Street Rebrand

JAS84

My logic was that Game's reputation sank like a stone during the administration, while Gamestation was seen as being dragged down, as it wasn't that long since Game had acquired it from Blockbuster. Keeping the Gamestation name would've wiped that clean. And also, I agree, Game's logo is dated, unlike Gamestation's.
Philip

JAS84 wrote:And also, I agree, Game's logo is dated, unlike Gamestation's.
Really? I always felt Gamestation's grunge branding looked much more dated than GAME's clean branding.
bilky asko

Philip wrote:
JAS84 wrote:And also, I agree, Game's logo is dated, unlike Gamestation's.
Really? I always felt Gamestation's grunge branding looked much more dated than GAME's clean branding.
Gamestation's branding looked dated for years - their logo is especially shite.

Game's branding is much nicer, although the previous version with the green triangle was a tad nineties.
Finn

cwathen wrote:and a lot of people doubtless have forgotten that Safeway ever existed.
I bet few of the ones who remember Safeway, remember when it was Presto...
JAS84

Not all Safeways were Prestos. Safeway actually got bought out in the 80s by Argyll, who already owned Presto and another three chains. All of them ended up rebranded as Safeway.
bilky asko

Neil DG wrote:
cwathen wrote:and a lot of people doubtless have forgotten that Safeway ever existed.
I remember both, but only because we went in there quite a lot - but not as much as Kwik Save (and never in Costcutter).
Finn

bilky asko wrote:
Neil DG wrote:
I remember both, but only because we went in there quite a lot - but not as much as Kwik Save (and never in Costcutter).
And I'd forgotten the earlier Presto branding:
Classy!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Definitely time to dust off this "make your own Christmas jingle" for Presto...

"Garden fresh brussel sprouts just 14 pence a pound.."

http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Gavin%20Scott/presto.mp3

(Make sure you listen all the way to the end.)
Nick Harvey
God

Oh my!

Memories of trying to read whole shopping lists of offers in 23 seconds, before the "singers" came in, when the agency gave you 30 seconds worth of words because they were convinced it was a 30 second commercial.
cwathen

Not on the high street, but ebay has a new logo, which as far as I'm aware is the first rebrand in their history. It's on the homepage now.
Alexia

cwathen wrote:Not on the high street, but ebay has a new logo, which as far as I'm aware is the first rebrand in their history. It's on the homepage now.
Yep, has been for about three/four weeks. They also have a fetching new favicon which looks like a shopping basket branded with the Channel 5 colours

EDIT: Mentioned here back in September : http://www.metropol247.co.uk/forum/view ... 06#p115806