Another High Street Rebrand

Nick Harvey
God

There was a period in the nineties, during the integration of the original Lloyds and TSB computer systems, where all the personal customers ended up on the TSB system and all the business customers were on the Lloyds system.

There was a short period where, because of this, it actually took three days to transfer money between the same person's personal and business accounts.

I have been known, during that period, to go down to the bank, draw out many thousands of pounds in cash from one account and immediately deposit it in the other. That way, being a cash deposit, it all happened immediately, rather than in three days.

The cashier's face used to be a picture. As he asked "How would you like the cash, Sir?", you could see that he knew he'd have to go to the safe to get that much money. You then saw the look of relief on his face when you handed over the deposit slip for the other account and said "Theoretical fifty pound notes, please, it's going straight back in here".
martindtanderson

Not exactly high-street, more like Back Office, but here is Office 2013

WillPS

martindtanderson wrote:Not exactly high-street, more like Back Office, but here is Office 2013

Fits in with Windows 8 but I still think the concept is a bit meh.
WillPS

Seems to be targeted at the dead/dying person market...
martindtanderson

WillPS wrote:Seems to be targeted at the dead/dying person market...
So you are saying the logo looks like a signature on a DNR form?
Andrew Wood

Again - not a rebrand - but this time a packaging change:

I've just seen an advert for Flash floor cleaners celebrating their 50th(?) anniversary. The pack shot showed the range in a modern yet retro take on their early designs with the emphasis on the Flash typeface and the reintroduction of the black-and-white floor tiles design.

Looks quite good (especially if you can remember the earlier packaging!)
scottishtv

Flash seem to be running a TV ad at the moment featuring excerpts of all their ads over the last couple of decades. Can't say if irritates or entertains yet, only spotted it when passing a shop window the other day.
Pete

Yes I'm rather fond of this retro packaging thing at the moment. I was rather irked that Kelloggs only used their *FAB* retro Frosties pack for the Jubillee instead of it being a longer term thing.

"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

Pete wrote:Yes I'm rather fond of this retro packaging thing at the moment. I was rather irked that Kelloggs only used their *FAB* retro Frosties pack for the Jubillee instead of it being a longer term thing.

Why don't you keep the box and just replace the bag inside when you buy a new box?
woah

http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/news

Clintons have introduced a new logo - seems like an effort to improve their offering since they went into administration a while back. I saw it this afternoon as they're opening a newly refurbished store here in Sheffield tomorrow and the signs were being put up, so sounds like they might be refurbishing their 100 biggest, or top selling stores.

Personally I think the logo is pretty rubbish, and the shop in the pictures looks very similar to the standard Clintons store - and from what I could see in our store today though a small gap, our store looks very similar too!
Andrew Wood

woah wrote:http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/news

Clintons have introduced a new logo
Discussed on the previous page.