TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Alexia

Sput wrote:Out the creepiness on Twitter. Might find wider disgust and force them to act more rapidly.
Excellent idea.
rob

20 hours into 2013, and Bazinga is already making me want to reach for my bottle of Talisker...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Col

rob wrote:20 hours into 2013, and Bazinga is already making me want to reach for my bottle of Talisker...
Or maybe, as part of The TV Forum Troll Hypothesis, he's revealed to be Professor Stephen Hawking, set a challenge by his friend Dr Sheldon Cooper of Caltech to infiltrate a random web forum well-known for attracting odds and sods who, as he reaches his nadir when Daybreak returns next Monday, finally reveals his true self.

Now that would be a Bazinga.
rob

Col wrote:
rob wrote:20 hours into 2013, and Bazinga is already making me want to reach for my bottle of Talisker...
Or maybe, as part of The TV Forum Troll Hypothesis, he's revealed to be Professor Stephen Hawking, set a challenge by his friend Dr Sheldon Cooper of Caltech to infiltrate a random web forum well-known for attracting odds and sods who, as he reaches his nadir when Daybreak returns next Monday, finally reveals his true self.

Now that would be a Bazinga.
Whatever he is, he's really, really starting to grind my gears.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Gavin Scott
Admin

I feel badly for him that he's being allowed to blither along asking naive questions about rudimentary aspects of the industry and start new threads willy-nilly.

Not a spot of guidance about the basics of netiquette, or the risk of backlash when your name appears solidly down the right-hand column.

Its being left to members to self-moderate (Jon, probably David and 623058) but HELL MEND one of the "usual suspects" if we say anything, lest we all receive an eye-rolling from the long-suffering Asa - where it is so often stated that our entire contribution to the board is the act of "wading in", that he's started to believe his own nonsense. I think the last time that piece of shit was flung was, what - couple of weeks ago?

So, cheers for that, pal.
Andrew

Gavin Scott wrote:I feel badly for him that he's being allowed to blither along asking naive questions about rudimentary aspects of the industry and start new threads willy-nilly.

Not a spot of guidance about the basics of netiquette, or the risk of backlash when your name appears solidly down the right-hand column.
I don't think the concept of netiquette really exists anymore. In the era of increasingly younger people being able to have Twitter accounts and thinking they can write whatever they want to aimed at anyone, there isn't any idea in their mind that they need to think before posting.

I remember when I first started going on message boards I always used to tip toe around as I had in mind that the membership was made up of stuffy 40+ males in tank tops. Thesedays the assumption is that any message board is mainly frequented by the same people who post on their own Facebook walls.
Pete

Live at Five with Jeremy appears to have stormed out of the Sky News thread. I am unsure who to blame as it's just a torrent of bilge. Any help would be appreciated.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
wells

Pete

wells wrote:I think phil94 has upset him.
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post855641#post-855641
I can't tell if phil94 was correct in questioning the rotaesq post however.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Wouldn't it be off-topic in either? I have to say it fits better in the Presenters & Rotas thread, though. A reporter is much more like a presenter than presentation itself,
all new Phil

Is anyone else getting adverts over there for Mature Dating?

Made me Lol.