Yet another Morrisons thread

Square Eyes

Nice to hear your experiences Phil. Let's get some of the old guard returning to the Morrisons thread.

The other thing that get's me about the cafe, is the weird table / chair combi things they have. They're an all in one kind of unit, so as the chair isn't independent to the table you can't pull it up any nearer. Probably says something of their clientel that they can't be trusted with chairs.

However, I am liking the cunning way they allow you to discretely hide your tray in a slot underneath the table. That is GENIUS. I dislike having to return my tray once settled in at the table, primed to indulge myself in Morrisons finest cuisine.
Beep

Is it wrong my local Morrisons café still have the "Smoking Permitted" and "No smoking in this area" signage up both hanging from the ceiling and on the table menu holders?
Pete

Beep wrote:Is it wrong my local Morrisons café still have the "Smoking Permitted" and "No smoking in this area" signage up both hanging from the ceiling and on the table menu holders?
Surely in a Morrisons cafe smoking would have been mandatory?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

Beep wrote:Is it wrong my local Morrisons café still have the "Smoking Permitted" and "No smoking in this area" signage up both hanging from the ceiling and on the table menu holders?
I'd spark up a stogie and point upwards at the sign when approached by wailing customers and staff.
all new Phil

Just to add - I love how Morrisons permanently have a member of staff manning their revolutionary banana-hanging station, usually stood behind it rotating the holders every so often. You can always be sure of a well stocked banana section when you visit Morrisons.
Sput

all new Phil wrote:Just to add - I love how Morrisons permanently have a member of staff manning their revolutionary banana-hanging station, usually stood behind it rotating the holders every so often. You can always be sure of a well stocked banana section when you visit Morrisons.
God I've missed you phil.
Knight knight
Beep

Gavin Scott wrote:
I'd spark up a stogie and point upwards at the sign when approached by wailing customers and staff.
Ah, but they have Smoke Free England Regs signage at the door saying "It is against the law to smoke in this building", I don't think you'd get away with that.
Philip Cobbold

all new Phil wrote:Just to add - I love how Morrisons permanently have a member of staff manning their revolutionary banana-hanging station, usually stood behind it rotating the holders every so often. You can always be sure of a well stocked banana section when you visit Morrisons.
Hate to tell you, but the banana displays are being scrapped as part of their attemps to modernise.
AJ

Philip Cobbold wrote:
Hate to tell you, but the banana displays are being scrapped as part of their attemps to modernise.
Are they really??! My local morrisons has just had 2 million quid spent on it and is now double the size and looking rather spiffy! We even have a new cafe with pine panelling and silver lettering - very modern. And we have a nice new banana hanging station, usually complete with 2 members of staff stood behind it.

Oh how we are treated around these parts!
Square Eyes

Philip Cobbold wrote:
That's a shame, Morrisons have always liked a well hung banana.

That said, it seems a bit pointless that individual bunches of bananas are weighed and priced by an operative behind the wire banana hanging station when all the other produce is weighed at the checkout. No ?
barcode

all new Phil wrote:The cafe menu is amazing!!! Morrisons' Famous Big Breakfast... yum! Except I swap the mushrooms for an extra hash brown - always makes me smile how they have a little chart behind the till stating what items can be swapped for what.
I do like there cafe, but Tesco beat them just because you can get items for 40p, and most of there breakfast is fixed but there don't tell you unless you swap, but how can beans cost more!

Anyways least with morrisons there do have Full Scottish version as well, strangely you can get haggis in the staff cafe but not in the public one....