Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

davidmcg

They've messed up the RSS Feeds in Google Reader for me... :(
-The Guy Formerly known as djmgpsp
-Follow me... http://www.twitter.com/david_galway

-Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, Bop it!... New to BBC3
Sput

If I recall my GCSE French correctly, I BELIEVE it's used in the first person and means "I am a pretentious douchebag"
Knight knight
Pete

Sput wrote:If I recall my GCSE French correctly, I BELIEVE it's used in the first person and means "I am a pretentious douchebag"
Heaven forbid that writers ever want to put a bit of variety into their articles.
I didn't know what it meant either, mind I've never stolen a French dictionary.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Square Eyes

What a dreadful redesign. The last remaining content of interest is even less accessible.

The Heat magazine style dumbing down of this once useful media website is now complete.
madmusician

There are a bunch of prats claiming that Eastenders should have been shown instead of the BBC News Special. Such people make me despair for humankind. :?

Quotes include: "ITV hasn't changed their schedule so why should BBC cancel EE?", "Who cares about Brown resigning!!! I want to watch eastenders!!! Put the news on BBC2!" and "Couldnt he have waited until tomorrow!!!"

*Sigh*
Critique

madmusician wrote:There are a bunch of prats claiming that Eastenders should have been shown instead of the BBC News Special. Such people make me despair for humankind. :?

Quotes include: "ITV hasn't changed their schedule so why should BBC cancel EE?", "Who cares about Brown resigning!!! I want to watch eastenders!!! Put the news on BBC2!" and "Couldnt he have waited until tomorrow!!!"

*Sigh*
Can I share that sigh? And also point out that ITV did change it's schedule, finishing Emmerdale and going over to the News Special.
madmusician

I ventured into the soaps forum to see the reaction to the postponing of Corrie, and am quite sickened (should add, can't stand soaps myself).

Choice quotes include: "Those who've been directly affected by the events will be too busy to worry about whether Coronation Street has been aired or not.

Everybody else has no right to be traumatised by something that hasn't even happened to them."

"In my view ITV have over-reacted. It's a big Corrie week."

"I feel sorry for the 11 people that died, but it's a bit much."

Bloody hell. Do people just not have a sense of perspective any more? This is far worse to me than the complaints during the Prime Minister changeover, but both astound me.
Gavin Scott
Admin

madmusician wrote:Bloody hell. Do people just not have a sense of perspective any more? This is far worse to me than the complaints during the Prime Minister changeover, but both astound me.
I'm afraid this doesn't highlight anything new about the calibre of the membership of DS forums.

Their news pages used to be worth a click, but their recent redesign is dreadful - and I'm sick to death of the American use of commas to denote "and" in their headlines, so have removed the link from my bookmark bar.

Goodbye and good luck, DS - you worthless pile of wank.
Philip

The amount of media news content has gotten steadily worse since Digital Spy was purchased by Hachette Filipacchi in 2008. The site used to have two different headline stories (three or four depending on whether a reality TV show was running) on the old design, and up until 2008 or so these were for media and entertainment. What annoyed me is when they stopped this and now both headlines were mixed from media and entertainment; which meant most of the time there were two entertainment headlines. With this new redesign it's been relegated once again to a small section of the site and is probably only reported on the main page when there is a major story.

EDIT: Thanks to the magic of Yahoo Pipes, I have created an RSS feed of just the Sky, Freeview and Virgin Media DS RSS feeds - hopefully that should allow you to just view the digital TV content rather than all the other stuff.

EDIT 2: Removed for time being due to personal reasons
marksi

It is mostly a fucking dreadful gathering of worthless postings from a small number of uninformed arseholes who seem to have all the time in the world to send their meaningless opinions onto the interweb.

It could be improved substantially by anyone with an average daily posting rate of more than 5 being banned instantly.
Gavin Scott
Admin

So, its PlymouthStu who gets the prize for saying something similar on TV Forum.

Who'd have thunk it?
Stuart wrote:
meridiantvfan wrote:Not a lot to lighten up about really is there, don't be so unfeeling, what happened today is a tragic event, be thankful none of your family or friends were affected
Anyone remotely affected by the events in Cumbria wasn't likely to be sat watching the TV last night anyway, in which case postponing programmes/adverts etc in the name of 'respect' is rather pointless.
JCB wrote:I'm not sure airing the show today either would be very appropriate.
How long do you suggest this self-imposed media censorship should continue?