Yet another Morrisons thread

Stuart*
Banned

nwtv2003 wrote:....the next celebrity pushing a Trolley through the middle of nowhere will be Alan Hansen, except he's going on about the Normal food offers this time round, it's officially on tomorrow.
Despite the barely controllable anticipation I think I'll manage some sleep tonight. I'm obviously becoming impervious to excitement these days.
User removed
Alexia

martindtanderson wrote:Speaking of supermarket re-brands, here is the evolution of Marks & Spencer...

I'm fairly sure I saw a logo in this style adorning the side of my local store...

martindtanderson

That could be a heritage sign, hence it cannot be removed
james2001

Alexia wrote:I'm fairly sure I saw a logo in this style adorning the side of my local store...

The one here had signs like that outside until a couple of years ago. There's still one like it outside the one in Nottingham, engraved into a wall.
Alexia

martindtanderson wrote:That could be a heritage sign, hence it cannot be removed
Wrong, it was removed a couple of years back.
Jamez
Banned

These aren't just signs, they're M&S signs.
User Removed
martindtanderson

lol :)
all new Phil

This is a dedicated Morrisons thread, people, please don't take it off it's very important course.
Alexia

all new Phil wrote:This is a dedicated Morrisons thread, people, please don't take it off it's very important course.
In other words, "This isn't just a thread, this is a Morrisons thread?"
Spencer For Hire

I had a quick peek in the new York Morrisons which opened yesterday.

The inside of the store isn't that much different to the existing stores. The checkouts are exactly the same with that horrible burgundy trim. One thing which does look better is the yellow and green signs above the asiles which are a vast improvement on the old gungy blue ones.

Interestingly the new petrol station thankfully hasn't adopted the old black look. The canopy has plain yellow edging with no lettering whatsoever. There's also a nice, illuminated yellow sign with the new logo advertising the petrol prices.

I'd have taken some photos, but didn't want to look like a freak.
Jovis

What on earth in this thread could you possibly describe as sad?

Awaits obvious response...