Wii

peterrocket

It may be worth checking with your card provider, as in these situations where the item is not in stock, they aren't allowed to take the money as they can't guarantee a delivery.

Apart from that, sit back and wait...
Nate J

Has anyone tried pre-ordering theirs via Argos' website?

I did and I was told it would be delivered on Friday (8th) one week on, no word.
Reeves

Nate J wrote:Has anyone tried pre-ordering theirs via Argos' website?

I did and I was told it would be delivered on Friday (8th) one week on, no word.
Some 13 year-old pre-ordered from Argos and at the last minute he told he wouldn't get it for Xmas.
Nate J

Reeves wrote:
Nate J wrote:Has anyone tried pre-ordering theirs via Argos' website?

Some 13 year-old pre-ordered from Argos and at the last minute he told he wouldn't get it for Xmas.
I preordered mine on the 16th November
martindtanderson

We got our Wii about 3 weeks ago from America. It is Super Fun!

Then 4 days ago, i managed to buy one from Game at Oxford Street on the pur of the moment, because a friend of mine got a UK one at launch from Argos, which was faulty, so he picked it up from me last night, and is loving it!

Aiming is wonderful in it, and with traditional games, being able to have your arms wide apart holding the analogue stick (nunchuck) in one hand and the buttons (Wii Remote) in the other, is just so comfortable.

Being able to hold your arms apart whilst sitting on the couch is Awesome. However, I also love getting up for some Tennis, Bowling, or Baseball is also very fun!
Dr Lobster*

i like the concept of the wii, but unless i purchased it for the soul purpose of amusement when we've got friends round, i can't see i'd ever play it.

i don't play games that often, and when i do, its because i just want to unwind or perhaps kill a bit of time on a rainy evening. i don't think i'm the sort of person that could engage themselves that much and actually stand there and have a sword fight or whatever. like i say, great with a few friends but i couldn't see the appeal of it on my own.

the virtual console is also interesting, and i know of people who are buying the wii just for that feature.

if you haven't heard, it basically allows you to download old sega megadrive, snes, n64 etc games to your wii hard disk and play them.

a great idea in theory for the older gamer, but pretty much every single n64, snes, sega megadrive, master system, nes, etc etc game ever released can be downloaded and played for free on your pc with an emulator.

i've got a few favourite snes, commodore 64, sega megadrive/master system games i played when i was younger and i have got them on my pc, so i couldn't really see the appeal, long term.

even the traditional consoles are a bit of a turn off, what with the games for the xbox 360 and playstation 3 coming in at £50-60, i think i'm going to stick to playing streets of range 2 and sonic 3 and knuckles on my pc.
martindtanderson

If you are the sort of person who casually picks up a game for a bit of fun, then Zelda isnt for you, but Wii Sports (comes packaged in with the wii) and Wii Play are right up your alley!
Reeves

nodnirG kraM wrote:The only game I ever really got into was Grand Theft Auto ... and even then I'd just spend hours driving round the cities rather than actually completing missions and killing people!!
There were missions!? ;)
Reeves

Well thank Christ for that. I've managed to grab one on eBay and i've cancelled the Additions Direct order. The chap said it should hopefully come for Christmas so after all the shit i've been through, this may be the end of it all. Fingers crossed.

And by the way, thanks to all of you that helped.
ali.james

Does anyone know when the shops are expected to have more stock? I'm hoping that by January they will because it's my birthday then. I forgot to pre-order one :(
Reeves

ali.james wrote:Does anyone know when the shops are expected to have more stock? I'm hoping that by January they will because it's my birthday then. I forgot to pre-order one :(
Only Nintendo know when they are being dispatched, but they don't know where.