New Computer

Gavin Scott
Admin

Having just experienced frustration at an attempted "harvest" of an ex Dell machine, I appreciate the spirit of the petition, but I don't beleive it's tenable.

Neither Dell nor any other manufacturer have an obligation to allow their machines to be repaired and renewed with a competitors components. It would hardly be fair to narrow their scope for profit if you didn't apply the same rule to, for example, the manufacturers of vaccuum cleaners who insist on having a different bag for every model.

I'm aware of the recent development in bag-less cleaners, but thats the best analogy I have on a Monday night.
Tidus
Banned

I know what you're talking about Gavin, and agree with you, i am just so sick of Dell's antics, it makes me sick. We build systems too, and sure i don't want other companies messin with them, but if they do during the customers warranty, it invalidates the warranty, that usually stops customers going to other companies.

Anyhow, i'm tired, cranky, i can't think straight, and my missus wants me upstairs ;)

Night all!
Regards,

Tidus Johnson (KJ Computers Senior Executive)
Dr Lobster*

Tidus wrote:Nah, at least Apple are honest about thier proprietary parts. I meant against Dell!

I like Apples, my wife Kasumi uses them, and gives me lectures on the advantages of Mac over Windows! And i'm thinkin of takin her up on it, if Micro$haft carry on!

Sput, i used to be CEO, but my wife's friend Rikku used tio me co-manager, i decided to look after my wife, we went through some bad times, so i became Senior Executive, like Bill Gates, he just watches Microsoft grow, while Steve Ballmer is CEO.

So now Rikku runs our Stretford depot, and i can loook after my family, while still bieng involved with the company and she does a good job! Visit our site for more info, i'd be here all day!
your position on dell components is flawed.

as has been mentioned, everything about apple is proprietary, and not only that, they take extra steps to prevent you using their os on other hardware etc etc - why are they an exception?

the worse thing about apple though, is their tactics as a company which in my opinion make them a shower of shit no better than microsoft.

apple lawyers seem to sue anybody, at any opportunity. they sue bloggers for posting rumours about product launchers, they denied for ages that their new ipods had knackered screens, and they sue news websites and forums. do a search on google for more. i don't think it does them any good as a company.

i have to wonder at the logic of picking on companies like dell. i don't like dell anymore than you do. i have about 100 of their computers which are maintained by my support department. their own support is pants, the build quality isn't that great, but all i do is vote with my feet and the next time we renew, we won't go with dell. what they do is *no* different than apple, and i think you'll find that apple are much much worse, but for some reason there are people here who think apple is a downtrodden good guy, even though you actually get less for your money than you do with dell and they respond slower to security issues than microsoft. but there you go.
Tidus
Banned

What do you mean my opinion is flawed? I've been working with computers and Dells for years, don't tell me i'm flawed!

If i was flawed, and didn't know what i was doing, i wouldn't be a senior executive of a computer repair company, would i?

I don't work with Apple machines, my wife does, so i'm not talking about or interested in them, i'm a standard component guy!

I had 40-70 Dell Optiplex sytems in our staff and public training rooms, and got rid of them all, because of the shit support and proprietary components.

I hate Dell, and always will do!

That's my opinion, and most of my staff think this too, and no-one is gonna change it!
Regards,

Dr Lobster*

Tidus wrote:What do you mean my opinion is flawed?
i never said anything about your opinion. i said your position regarding the view that dell using non-standard components could be/should be illegal is flawed, and proceded to explain why this was.
Tidus
Banned

Well it should, cuz most customers don't know about the proprietary parts!

Dell don't sell in shops, only online! They flog their proprietary systems real cheap, to get people (mostly newcomers to IT) to buy the systems, then when the customers want to upgrade, they can't, cuz of the proprietary parts, and 99% of the time it's when the warranty's up so they phone Dell up, who send them parts via mail, at high prices, because there's no shops.

Now d'ya get it?

To me, it's a con!

No more on the subject! We were supposed to be offering advice to huddsguy about a system for his budget, not arguing over stupid Dell!

Stop being so full of yourself! You're arrogant, nasty, and i don't like it!

I've got a business to run, so if you'll excuse me....
Regards,

Dr Lobster*

Tidus wrote:
I've got a business to run, so if you'll excuse me....
no you haven't.

KJ COMPUTERS LIMITED is not a registered public limited company.

none of your staff members exist (why on earth would you put pictures of random japanese girls on your website, in swimming costumes), and the whole thing is a lie, you great big fat mental.

you don't even have a proper domain name. if you were a proper company, you wouldn't be using a dynamic dns resolution service.

in fact, by calling yourself kj computers limited (as you do on your website) you are actually commiting a criminal offence and could be prosecuted.

i also very much doubt you have a wife, unless of course, you ordered her from japan.
Sput

You should fire your web designer too. He's rubbish.

Is that you, Jaron? ;)
Knight knight
Lorns

Can you post a link to your site please Tidus.
I found a KJ computers on e-bay shop or is that you?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Dr Lobster*

http://kjcomputers.serveftp.net

the ebay shop, is based in chesterfield whilst titus claims to be from stretford.

so they are different people.
Tidus
Banned

Now this is getting personal, and there's no need for it!

We are a genuine company, take a look at our Shropshire branch website, http://www.kjcomputers.com

The serveftp domain is just temporary!

Or maybe, you're just a jealous arrogant twat who just sits in his room with a fucking big smug look on his face!

I'm not even gonna expain myself to you, you bunch of schoolgirls!
Regards,