Another High Street Rebrand

Cache

DVB Cornwall wrote:If A&L and B&B hadn't effectively imploded as a result of the Banking sector's collapse neither would be in Santander's hands now and both would be still independent. Both were effectively rescued by Santander and for convenience rolled into Abbey's UK operation. I suspect if Abbey were still the stand alone representative of Santander in the UK then Santander wouldn't have been in such a hurry to rebrand.
I couldn't have put that better, thanks (:
Gluben

Santander...that's going to be a bit irritating. I thought Aviva was bad. Speaking of which, have they actually changed yet? They always seem be say that they're "soon to be Aviva".

I used to like it when HSBC was Midland, and when Lloyds TSB were two separate entities.
wells

DVB Cornwall wrote:
Nini wrote:I'll throw out a theoretical to you, had none of the institutions got bad press and were still standing then would it be reasonable then? One brand seems good to the consumer but it's more a "hey, look at me" towards other banks, gratuitous crotch-thrusting if you like.
If A&L and B&B hadn't effectively imploded as a result of the Banking sector's collapse neither would be in Santander's hands now and both would be still independent. Both were effectively rescued by Santander and for convenience rolled into Abbey's UK operation. I suspect if Abbey were still the stand alone representative of Santander in the UK then Santander wouldn't have been in such a hurry to rebrand.
I think the rebrand was always on the cards they liked to tell everyone Abby was part of Santander, in the same way the did before the Midland Bank rebrand.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Gluben wrote:I thought Aviva was bad. Speaking of which, have they actually changed yet? They always seem be say that they're "soon to be Aviva".
June 1st, or 5th. Something like that.
Gluben

Gavin Scott wrote:
Gluben wrote:I thought Aviva was bad. Speaking of which, have they actually changed yet? They always seem be say that they're "soon to be Aviva".
June 1st, or 5th. Something like that.
Heh, I could've believed that last year.

I still believe you get a smarter investor at Sproggit & Sylvester. No, hang on...
scottishtv

Gavin Scott wrote:June 1st, or 5th. Something like that.
June 1st. In another lavish exercise, they've sent a letter to all of their customers telling them the words "Norwich Union" on their bank statement direct debits will soon read "Aviva". Don't contact them, don't worry, and no, your policy hasn't changed.
Gavin Scott
Admin

scottishtv wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:June 1st, or 5th. Something like that.
June 1st. In another lavish exercise, they've sent a letter to all of their customers telling them the words "Norwich Union" on their bank statement direct debits will soon read "Aviva". Don't contact them, don't worry, and no, your policy hasn't changed.
And should you work for the financial advisor for those customers you get copied in on every single item of mail.

I've personally disposed of hundreds of them.

And still the date hadn't sunk in properly.
Inspector Sands

wells wrote: I think the rebrand was always on the cards they liked to tell everyone Abby was part of Santander, in the same way the did before the Midland Bank rebrand.
Yes and they've been using the Santander logo for years, replacing their short lived 'abbey' logo.
Inspector Sands

Gluben wrote:Santander...that's going to be a bit irritating. I thought Aviva was bad. Speaking of which, have they actually changed yet? They always seem be say that they're "soon to be Aviva".
Of course they've been called Aviva for many years, it's just that they traded under the the Norwich Union brand in the UK
Jovis

They should have kept the same logo until it was established. If I hadn't known I wouldn't have realised it was anything to do with the 'former high street chain'.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Have you seen the price for the pick n mix?

Pfft. No way. Way too pricey.