Do you think Sky Digital is a rip-off?

Gluben

I remember a few years ago when Sky, with the help of Toshiba, made their own plasma TVs. They seemed pretty nice as well. Any reason why they stopped, and any indication that they might start this up again with HD technology?
Johnny

bee bee see wrote:I remember a few years ago when Sky, with the help of Toshiba, made their own plasma TVs. They seemed pretty nice as well. Any reason why they stopped, and any indication that they might start this up again with HD technology?
I believe (although I may be wrong) that the reason Plasma screens are fasing out is due to their short lifespan, especially if you are a telly addict
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Gavin Scott
Admin

Johnny wrote:
bee bee see wrote:I remember a few years ago when Sky, with the help of Toshiba, made their own plasma TVs. They seemed pretty nice as well. Any reason why they stopped, and any indication that they might start this up again with HD technology?
I believe (although I may be wrong) that the reason Plasma screens are fasing out is due to their short lifespan, especially if you are a telly addict
They aren't being phased out. The are currently the only solution to very large flat panel televisions as LCD has size limitations.

They do have a shortest lifespan of all types of display, but that's the pay off for their luxurious size.
Sput

So they're like the televisual equivalent of obese people?
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:So they're like the televisual equivalent of obese people?
The brighter the candle...