Wii

Reeves

Can somebody confirm if ALL Wii's include a remote?
The page I purchased mine from has now been altered, now including "Wii Remote Not Included"
Gavin Scott
Admin

Reeves wrote:Can somebody confirm if ALL Wii's include a remote?
The page I purchased mine from has now been altered, now including "Wii Remote Not Included"
They changed the description after you placed your order but before the goods arrived?

If that is true then they are in breach of the consumer protection act.
Nate J

Contents include:

Wii console
1 Wiimote
1 Nunchuck
Sensor bar
Power brick
Composite wire
Reeves

Gavin Scott wrote:
They changed the description after you placed your order but before the goods arrived?

If that is true then they are in breach of the consumer protection act.
I'll have to wait and see. To be on the safe side, I'm getting hold of Wii Play which comes with a remote anyway, and also trying to find another remote and nunchuck on eBay. To tell you the truth, i've been put off from buying from that shop anyway. Because their email service is a load of shite, I tried ringing. Every time I ringm no one is available. Now, traditionally, you are put on hold. These tell you to ring back. Not only that, but for every time I ring, I get charged national rate. You guessed it.. it aint an 0800 number.

To show how shite the eMail service is, I emailed them shortly after I ordered a Wii. I couldn't access an account to track the order because I bought it without creating an account. My reply began with.. "Sorry for your delay" and continues to explain that my Wii may not arrive until over 50 days.

Incase some of you are wondering who these are.... Additions Direct.
Nate J wrote:
Contents include:

Wii console
1 Wiimote
1 Nunchuck
Sensor bar
Power brick
Composite wire
That's what confuses me. Apparently it's being shipped straight from the manufacterer.. in this case, Nintendo. All of them come with a "Wiimote" though I don't understand why this particular one doesn't.

Additions Direct Product Page

May I also point out there is another package with a couple more games with an EXTRA remote. Those bastards.
peterrocket

Sounds like your being done.

The box is moulded to contain everything nicely, so there will be a big noticable gap where the remote should be, and I mean, do you expect Nintendo to ship units with parts missing?

Give them a call and if it's an IVR machine you get, randomly push loads of buttons to confuse the system and you should be put through to an operator. If you are, ask why and more importantly, why if Nintendo ship them as standard and the box says that it's contained within the box, that Nintendo will ship them without.

Oh, and "Shipped from manufacturer" sounds like rubbish too - so I'd report them to trading standards.

I'm guessing they've taken the money too? (All online ordering outlets are not allowed to take money unless the goods have been dispatched)
Gavin Scott
Admin

peterrocket wrote:Sounds like your being done.

The box is moulded to contain everything nicely, so there will be a big noticable gap where the remote should be, and I mean, do you expect Nintendo to ship units with parts missing?

Give them a call and if it's an IVR machine you get, randomly push loads of buttons to confuse the system and you should be put through to an operator. If you are, ask why and more importantly, why if Nintendo ship them as standard and the box says that it's contained within the box, that Nintendo will ship them without.

Oh, and "Shipped from manufacturer" sounds like rubbish too - so I'd report them to trading standards.

I'm guessing they've taken the money too? (All online ordering outlets are not allowed to take money unless the goods have been dispatched)
"Shipped from manufacturer" is in fact quite common. I do it a lot at my business as it means I don't have the extra expense of handling and shipping. Keeps the costs to the customer down.

I also don't think it is the case that money can't be taken until the goods are dispatched. Payment is taken at the point of sale in our case, even though there may be a long lead time for goods to be turned around. I've always had my card debited from the likes of eBuyer before the "picking/packing" stage occurs.

But it does strike me as odd that they are changing the package contents. They may have come to an arrangement with Nintendo to release "incomplete" sets?
Thames

We're a wholesaler in the UK for dental equipment and as a whole now we get orders from our customers (retailer) and we generally ship direct to the customer, this I beilve to be the norm now, as most retailers (unless they need boxes on the shelf) don't want to carry to much stock!

As for the incomplete goods being dispatched have they changed the box? or is there two versions available? ie basic pack comes without the remote, higher end pack which comes with the remote? this could account for why there's a place for the remote in the box, as they would use the same box just put the remote in one of them!

But if they are selling or have sold it listed as having the remote, and then not supplied it, then there could be grounds for complaint. unless ofcourse they gave you notice that they made a mistake and shouldn't have quoted for it! but you should have got that in written form somehow to give you time to cancel.
Reeves

Well only now I have recieved an eMail from Nintendo saying that are delivering this week, though they do not know which stores they will be distributing to.

May I also point out about the "Shipping from manufacterer" nonsense... here's the email I got.

There is a delivery this week but I do not know what the distribution to
stores will be. Nintendo have never take pre-orders. This is
something that retailers have done of their own volition

Reading the blue, I'm getting more concerned. To be honest, i'm on the verge of cancelling and finding a Wii on eBay.
MarkN

Reeves wrote:May I also point out about the "Shipping from manufacterer" nonsense...
I've just looked at the website, and it says "Within 14 Weeks Direct From Our Supplier". The supplier in this case could be a wholesaler, and not Nintendo itself.
Reeves

MarkN wrote:
Reeves wrote:May I also point out about the "Shipping from manufacterer" nonsense...
I've just looked at the website, and it says "Within 14 Weeks Direct From Our Supplier". The supplier in this case could be a wholesaler, and not Nintendo itself.
A couple of days after I ordered I recieved a letter from Additions Direct in which it said...

"Wlcome to shopping from home with ADDITIONS DIRECT. Your order is being sent to you directly from the manufacturer and you should recieve it shortly. I hope you will be pleased with it.

So either it's lying or that letter is automated.. which is also lying.
Reeves

Tried ringing again.. the "random numbers" trick failed and they still "can't" put me through.