CHRISTMAS IS not CANCELLED anymore

Lorns

Phew! That Xmas theme was naff. Got to say i'm glad to see the back of metrotwitter. Also is this the same Maggie Mash that hosted the chat thingy a while ago? She was actually rather fab.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Pete

yay :) yes metrotwitter had gone a little mental of late. However he's in the priory now so hopefully that'll help.

Yes this is the great maggie_mash of chatbot fame. A true believer in regionality and enforced fun during televisual events. A friend of course of Angie_Rippon and her Iraq War updates. </tvfgoofolddays>

Christmas is still canceled though, esp as nobody said they liked my tree :cry:
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

She's a friend of Angela Rippon.. *Squeals*.

Oh and swaying off topic a bit. In my local rag. Jan Leeming has had her car vandalised 3 times recently.All in the Dover area. She parked her car on side streets next to railway ( she's commuting from here to London for that Calender girls thingy) to avoid paying for parking. Living locally she should have known better. It's that rough round our way, all the Advent calenders had their windows smashed in before December.. Ho! ho! ho!

..The bit about Jan Leemings car is a true story.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Chie

Are the titles supposed to be like this?

http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Chie/metrotitles.jpg
Pete

Chie wrote:Are the titles supposed to be like this?

http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Chie/metrotitles.jpg
MEGATSK. What browser you using?

ah, Firefox 3.0 not 3.5, I see what's happened. try now.
Chie

Firefox/3.0.15

Ok it works now.
Pete

Chie wrote:Firefox/3.0.15

Ok it works now.
Yes, the answer, because I can tell you're DYING to know, is because FF 3.0 doesn't have a built in element selector in it's DOM for the cufon text replacement script I'm experimenting with to use. Therefore you have to use an external library such as jquery instead.

What you should notice however is the titles are loading much quicker and faster. Which should work nicely to offset the hit in scrolling due to the more complex backgrounds. ahem. will see if i can speed that up a bit tomorrow.

Oh and the reindeer on the upload service is simply curious, not suicidal before anyone gets worried. (cheers Lee)
WillPS

Loving the theme, very Paperchase.
Pete

I've made some fairly major tweaks in terms of how the background images / layers of colour work on the forum pages that have made scrolling faster in firefox.

I remember a while back people complaining about slow performance with the site on the iphone so if someone could do a little test to see if its improved and report back it would be nice.
Philip

Nice theme, but I'm feeling déjà vu, from last year.
Cache

Philip wrote:Nice theme, but I'm feeling déjà vu, from last year.
Tsk. It's classy.
Would you rather have the hideous metrotwitter monstrosity back, huh?