whyPhone?

rts

Just got my email through to reserve it, which I have done. Should be with me sometime next week.

The question is, do I go for the £12p/m insurance or not?
Gavin Scott
Admin

rts wrote:The question is, do I go for the £12p/m insurance or not?
I wouldn't.

I didn't have insurance on my first Orange phone. When I lost it I called them and asked what I could do about it.

They told me that I could take "retroactive insurance" for the same price, as long as I committed to it for the next 12 months; and they said I could use it instantly.

New phone came through the next day.

They may have changed this rule, but I doubt it. Worth a call to them to be sure.
iSon

A shame that Orange haven't been a bit more radical with their pricing instead choosing to go with the status quo. I already have an iPhone 3G and have no massive want to get a 3GS so it's not about the phone for me - I would be interested in moving to Orange for their vastly superior 3G network when my contact with O2 expires. I know that I could technically do this anyway but of course very few tariffs include the 'unlimited' web usage which makes it worthwhile.
Good Lord!
Pete

Well those are a selection of rubbish tariffs and I agree about the whole nonsense of an unlimited bundle that has a 750mb limit. I have an unlimited landline minute allowance on my Racoon tariff but that's 3000mins which is 50 hours of chat a month before it starts coming off my normal minutes. Compared to that 750mb is hardly very much at all, especially with the iPhone supporting such things as youtube and intensive internet apps.

Also, whenever I read the title of this thread, I see this

does anyone else have this issue?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
jay

Are Orange going to put their logo on the back of the iPhone as they seem to do with every other phone they have on their network? I hope not.

As for insurance - don't bother! Any iPhone has warranty from Apple for the first 12 months regardless of network/tariff or anything. Simply take it into an Apple Store and if it's faulty they will either fix it there and then or give you a brand new replacement model.
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Sput

Well that's warranty rather than insurance. If someone nicks your shiny object they won't replace that without insurance, unless of course mobile phone insurance is SO shit that it only covers phone faults.
Knight knight
jay

Sput wrote:Well that's warranty rather than insurance. If someone nicks your shiny object they won't replace that without insurance, unless of course mobile phone insurance is SO shit that it only covers phone faults.
Ah true - but if you're stupid enough to have your phone nicked you deserve to have to buy a new one anyway. :)
Sput

Oh yes, that's why I would never use my phone in a street. No no. I use my mobile where it's good and safe: in my house near my landline.
Knight knight
jay

Sput wrote:Oh yes, that's why I would never use my phone in a street. No no. I use my mobile where it's good and safe: in my house near my landline.
I tend to grip my phone when using it out and about - and in my 9 years or so of using one this seems to have stopped it from being taken. Funny that!
Pete

remember in the 90s when people used to walk around holding them in their hand in front of them to show off?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

My iPhone has just arrived an I'm loving it. Downloading some apps and playing around. Today is a good day.