How do you DAB yours?

The forum discussing radio
Alexia

I have a Goodmans personal DAB player.
Inspector Sands

I've a first generation Evoke-1 currently in my bedroom, a Psion Wavefinder on my PC and a newish Goodmans DAB/FM battery set in my bathroom. The latter doesn't have the best sound quality but it's ok for the bathroom, the main reason I got it though was because it uses AAs and will recharge them in the set.
WillPS

I had one of these marketing disasters:

Picked it up for £23 from Virgin Mobile (when they were trying to pretend the whole thing never happened) which is an unbelievable price for a phone with Windows Mobile (a very good operating system, masquerading as an unusable lump of trash). The TV function was absolutely awful - it only worked when stationary and when it did the quality was appalling, the silver lining to that cloud was that TV worked off DAB effectively, so the phone came bundled with a DAB radio - still I think the only phone to do so. It was actually pretty good quality!

I'm really hoping that when the Zune reaches our shores it'll have a DAB radio.
Inspector Sands

WillPS wrote: I'm really hoping that when the Zune reaches our shores it'll have a DAB radio.
It'd be nice to get an mp3 player with DAB. The big hurdle I would have thought is that Apple (who have only just got round to including FM!), Microsoft and Sony aren't based in DAB broadcasting countries, I'm not sure how easy it would be to adapt HD Radio to DAB. I'm surprised that Creative haven't done it yet seeing as radio is a standard in their sets and Singapore uses DAB.
DVB Cornwall

Inspector Sands wrote:I've a first generation Evoke-1 currently in my bedroom, a Psion Wavefinder on my PC and a newish Goodmans DAB/FM battery set in my bathroom. The latter doesn't have the best sound quality but it's ok for the bathroom, the main reason I got it though was because it uses AAs and will recharge them in the set.
What PC operating system are you using? Is it possible to use on Vista. I have a Wavefinder which I might reuse, I thought that a MS update killed it some time ago.
Inspector Sands

DVB Cornwall wrote: What PC operating system are you using? Is it possible to use on Vista. I have a Wavefinder which I might reuse, I thought that a MS update killed it some time ago.
Am using XP SP3. It doesn't work under XP SP2, don't know if it works with Vista or 7.

I use it with software called DABBAR rather than the crappy Psion stuff, It has a sister program which acts as an EPG for recording. When I installed it I had to use a little application to turn off one of the lights to get it to work more reliably