How long does your phone take to boot?

Gavin Scott
Admin

Is it possible its indexing the contents of a flash memory card? I have a seldom used E65 handset, and when I boot it up from a recharge it takes ages. It didn't used to, but now its stuffed full of songs and such.
SiGa

My Nokia 6600 just took 21 seconds from turn on to being able to make a call.

Not to bad.
Inspector Sands

Mine (a nokia something) takes ages, I find that it gets faster/slower depending on how full the internal memory is - if I delete a load of texts and empty the mobile web cache it boots up faster and more reliably.

It seemed to take longer when I was in America, presumably something to do with the different band it was using
timgraham

I do try to delete texts but when it says there are 2000 messages to delete one by one it can get a little tedious. I might try emptying out the photos and stuff.

perhaps if I use it upside down might start quicker.

EDIT: I just saw this "fixed" map which puts us and Indonesia at the centre of the globe.
Gavin Scott
Admin

timgraham wrote:I do try to delete texts but when it says there are 2000 messages to delete one by one it can get a little tedious.
Indeed, mine always seems to be around the 500 mark before I notice.

I use the PC software which lets me list them all in an application by sender - then I usually select all bar the last couple from each person and wipe the rest.

In fact, I'll do that tonight. I'm up at around 600 now.
nwtv2003

My Sony Ericsson C905 takes about 30 seconds to boot up and then about another 5-10 before you can do anything. Although as said I've had older phones go faster, I had a Nokia 3310 that used to be quite fast, shame it died though.
steve
Nick Harvey
God

I'm sure somebody's been waiting for me to say this.

You could make a call in the time it took to press 'on', dial the number and press 'send'.
Inspector Sands

timgraham wrote:I do try to delete texts but when it says there are 2000 messages to delete one by one it can get a little tedious. I might try emptying out the photos and stuff.
Does your phone have a 'Mark' function? My Nokia has this, It makes it quicker to delete as you can just go down the list and mark all the ones you want to delete and then delete them all at once
timgraham

Yep, thats what I do. Still took 20 minutes last time though, even at a rate of about 3 a second.

I'll take a photo next time I do it to show what I mean.
WillPS

All the Windows Mobile phones I've had take around a minute. The Palm Treo Pro I'm on presently wont actually "switch" off, it has a power switch but that'll just turn off all the various wireless receivers and transmitters on board, leaving it to operate as a PDA. To force it off, you have to pull out the battery. Not really an issue, as I actually turn my phone off anyway.
barcode

My nice wee phone C902? is now of to the manufactures getting repair, why someone I dare say is wondering? Well its seems that it being a funny bugger and not wanted to actully make calls to anyone. I get a full signal but I start dialing and then it goes beep beep and cuts off.