Nick at nite and [adult swim]

WillPS

Can anybody tell me why MTV Networks and Turner don't bother with these strands in this country? They have several children's channels which either pointlessly repeat the days content overnight, or in the case of the Nickelodeon channels just give up all together overnight.

I know Bravo had a go at [adult swim] a couple of years ago, but it did seem misplaced amongst Bravo's regular macho crap. It seems sensible that Children's channels should show more adult-orientated programming once their target market has gone to bed.

Nick Jr 2 makes the sensible choice of running the brilliant Nick Jr Classics strand for its final couple of hours on air between 8pm and 10pm. It'd be great to see this extended too.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I'd say it's better that children's channels like Nickelodeon don't show "adult" programmes at night. Children blatantly do not go to bed at 7pm like the BBC seems to think, and so why not provide kids programming overnight too? Also, it makes it more likely that kids will stumble across sweary adult programmes if you put them on the kids channels. Viacom run channels like MTV for 'adult' shows.
Were I a parent to more than the mice in my flat, I'd probably be a bit cross if the EPG announced to my kids that they could be watching Spongebob at 10pm.

Kids don't go to bed at 7pm - but they bloomin' well should.
DVB Cornwall

Not knowing much of the Satellite and Cable EPG structure, could the DTT MHEG idea not do the differentiation aspect between content carried on the same RF stream but behind different EPG numbers for the daytime and adult content streams
Philip

Adult Swim was previously shown here in the early hours of the morning on Bravo, but this recently ended.

I believe the reason that Cartoon Network UK doesn't show Adult Swim and that Nickelodeon UK doesn't show Nick at Nite is because of the UK broadcasting laws, not allowing children's channels to broadcast adult shows. That's probably why Adult Swim was shown here on Bravo, a men's channel. Why they broadcast it very early on I don't know, but I recorded it once and it had the same presentation style as Adult Swim US, but it looked like the text boards were just made in PowerPoint or Paint, and were rolling on as a slideshow.