TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

Followin on from his demands that on demand be removed and news channels not plug websites and only direct people to Ceefax, McManon continues his campaign to have the 21st century destroyed.
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 238#611238
McMahon wrote:As the above dictates, that is the very reason why these awful, dreadful 'social networking' websites should be banned. If you want to talk to someone, why not do it by actually writing with your own handwriting and put it in the post. It does take longer for a reply but at least you will get some fact and interesting titbits in private correspondence.

Who else would be interested in:
"08:00 Broke wind. 08.01 It stinks. 08.02 Picked my nose. 08.03 Making myself a nice cup of tea." Who is interested? I am not.
And these fabricated news stories at such an unfathomable scale! - - by the way, Sky News employing a Twitter correspondent. Oh yes, I forgot why I don't bother watching Sky News now [!]

Yes, it is harsh but these social networking [what a politically correct word] websites are not welcome. And I see these TV networks are on them. No surprises Sky are on, but ITN? Come on, ITN, see sense.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Ronnie Rowlands

What's up with Twitter. People say "well who CARES what Stephen Fry is doing every minute of every day". I say "347,569 people do".
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Skytower

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:What's up with Twitter. People say "well who CARES what Stephen Fry is doing every minute of every day". I say "347,569 people do".
That still makes a good 59 million-and-odd that don't, but I take your point...
Charlie Wells

In stating the obvious news the final curtain has arrived for PHPBB with a preview of the new look in the top right corner of the home page.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Sput

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:What's up with Twitter. People say "well who CARES what Stephen Fry is doing every minute of every day". I say "347,569 people do".
Oh god it's like a rubbish jerry seinfeld
Knight knight
Ant

Charlie Wells wrote:In stating the obvious news the final curtain has arrived for PHPBB with a preview of the new look in the top right corner of the home page.
Yay. How long has the current look been on?
lester

The blue look has been there since day 1, 8 years ago in some form. I know they added the squares and menus at a later date though. Definately time for a makeover, let's hope it looks as good as Metropol which looks a million times better than the existing TV Forum at the moment.
Pete

If I'm not mistaken, the current look appeared around about 2004/5 with the metro red/blue clouds revamp.

This site launched in 2003 and it has def had one big revamp and a load of tweaks since then.

On a completely unrealted note, we'll be offline for a little bit later this evening. Just taking the opportunity to alter a few bits and bobs.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jake

Jovis

http://tvforum.co.uk/peel/large2.jpg - a full version of what's under the peel.
The Lurker

It's a big step up from what TVF has right now, but it does remind me quite a bit of Vista. Is this intentional?