Business Cards

Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:My master plan (assuming infinite wealth) was to have a few AMAZING ones and then the rest usual.

And Gobos? Really? I suppose you never know when you'll have to stick your business card in front of a 450w halogen.
Yep - gobo manufacturers have been using them as business cards for years - its an easy adaptation of their manufacture technique.

The detail on them is really impressive. You might be able to get a short run for a hundred quid. They're definitely "keepers".

Ring the London number and ask for Vicky. Tell I her sent you and she might be able to squeeze a discount in.
Nini
Banned

Hmm, worth considering but I don't think it'd fit with what I'm peddling.
cdd

How about get one amazing card and'lend it to people who need your number.

EVERYONE'S A WINNER!
Sput

Then they'll remember me as "the guy with only 1 card"
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

I use to write an email address on the outside of a banana.
Sput

Functional!
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

And somewhat effective, better than the condom balloon bundle concept I saw someone else do. I never thought to ask how they did it.
cdd

Sput wrote:Then they'll remember me as "the guy with only 1 card"
Well maybe it needs more work. Hand out the card freely, but pick people's pockets to get the card back again.
Gavin Scott
Admin

nodnirG kraM wrote:I downloaded with delight Goboland's catalogue, but stopped short on the first page. "Dear lighting professional". Damn. This is not the place for me.
On the contrary Mark, there would be some useful products for you in there. Breakup gobos for artistic textured light, custom gobos for couples marrying...

Adding a "lighting consultancy" into your existing work would let you add value to your service, and potentially increase your returns.

Happy to discuss with you if you wanted to explore it further.
Steve in Pudsey

How about these for the ultimate business cards?

http://positivesharing.com/2009/02/cool ... card-ever/
Gavin Scott
Admin

nodnirG kraM wrote:I need to take some gobos abroad next month - would they count as a lethal weapon unsuitable for hand luggage?! I suppose they would.

Goboland certainly has a lot more fun and interesting gobos on offer than other catalogues I've seen recently. Maybe I'll send some cash their way soon and help spend our way out of the recession.
Yes some of their stuff is fab. I was round at a friend's the other week and he was using gobos to project a world map on one wall, and a starfield on the other.

Crazy lighting, crazy guy.