Own-brand Cola

Philip

Pepsi did have the same bottle design for a long time, only updating it in 2004 or so to add edging onto the letters and the globe became more "realistic". It was only recently they introduced those personality-themed designs, you wonder why they've already been replaced.
Dr Lobster*

is there anybody here who thinks that cola (of any brand) tastes rancid? pepsi tastes like a load of random chemicals to me, coke is bearable if the *only* option, but i'd much rather have a nice decent glass of lemonade (not the clear brain cancer causing stuff with two different types of artificial sweetener in, the traditionally produced cloudy liquid with little bits of lemon in)
Ronnie Rowlands

I'll tell you what invigorates more than anything. I used to drink a large one after a long, hot shift at work and it always chilled me. Orange cordial with cold soda water added to it. Bliss.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
jsm

American drinks are dreadful. Nothing is natural. The difference between American Fanta and Fanta everywhere else is astounding.

American Fanta: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, sodium benzoate, modified food starch, natural and artificial flavors, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, sodium polyphosphates, coconut oil, yellow 6, brominated vegetable oil, red 40, dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

British Fanta:Carbonated water, sugar (from beet and/or cane), orange fruit from concentrate (5%), citric acid, vegetable extracts (carrot, pumpkin), preservative (potassium sorbate), flavourings, sweeteners (sodium saccharin, aspartame), acidity regulator (sodium citrate)
nwtv2003

I remember some family restaurants we went to during the early 1990's used to sell Charlie Chalk Cola, which was really vile stuff. I tried Panda Cola once that was truly vile stuff. Otherwise for me it's simply Coca Cola or Pepsi.

And if I have to, and without sounding like a snob, M&S Cola is quite reasonable.
steve
Malpass93

Coca-Cola = ok-ish.
Pepsi = bearable.
Own-brand = yuck, except M&S.

Anyone ever tried Root Beer before? Great stuff.
The New Malpass.
Ant

nwtv2003 wrote:I remember some family restaurants we went to during the early 1990's used to sell Charlie Chalk Cola, which was really vile stuff. I tried Panda Cola once that was truly vile stuff. Otherwise for me it's simply Coca Cola or Pepsi.

And if I have to, and without sounding like a snob, M&S Cola is quite reasonable.
The Charlie Chalk stuff always used to be at Brewers Fayre restaurants if I remember right. The cherry aid one was nice but hated the cola and bubblegum flavours. Yuck.

The M&S orange aid is nice too.
Alexia

Ginger beer, D&B or Shandy is my choice of beverage at the moment.
Sput

Malpass93 wrote:Coca-Cola = ok-ish.
Pepsi = bearable.

Is it fair to say you just don't like cola? Root Beer is awful too. You're wrong about that subjective thought!
Knight knight
Malpass93

Sput wrote:
Malpass93 wrote:Coca-Cola = ok-ish.
Pepsi = bearable.

Is it fair to say you just don't like cola? Root Beer is awful too. You're wrong about that subjective thought!
I only drink cola because there's not much else. J2O's too expensive, barely anyone does cloudy lemonade, and Root Beer's reserved for the States.
The New Malpass.
Jovis

But there are far more soft drinks than that - what about Fanta, Tizer (I had some recently for the first time in a long while), Irn Bru?