MFI and Woolworths

AJ

Is there any significance in the Woolworths website being offline for "essential maintenance"?
Lorns

Dover has always been a crap town. With or without Woolies. We're undergoing a regeneration at the mo. I like to think it will be an improvement but i have my doubts. The only thing that will improve the town is bulldozing down the whole town and starting all over again.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Sput

ashley b wrote:Does the "Big W" out in the Cheetham Hill Retail Park not count? (It is in the borough of Manchester). In which case, Manchester's is quite big?
Ooooh, that either makes Manchester VERY shit or very good.
Knight knight
wells

AJ wrote:Is there any significance in the Woolworths website being offline for "essential maintenance"?
According to BBC News, the online side of business has been shut down.
Alexia

Theo Paphitis is currently sniffing round the rotting corpse, seeing if he can do anything with it.
wells

Looks like the people of Evesham are worried about the future of their store.
Don Thompson, of Broadway Road, said: “It was quite a surprise. It seems ashame. It is a well known name, it must be worth millions. If it was to close it would be ashame as it pulls people into town. It is another nail in the coffin of Evesham.”
http://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/news/39 ... o_survive/
Nini
Banned

That does make me chuckle.
Pete

that is a bizzarely written article.

meanwhile. click fotopoint and dry cleaning, another crap company, have gone bust.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nini
Banned

That's almost a shame but their only worthwhile service was pretty much handled by HP Snapfish I doubt many will miss it.

Who's next? We should be having a sweepstakes board set up in the Secret Forum.
Alexia

We did have one set up, but Ison very stupidly spilt Vimto on it so I'm typing up the new one tomorrow when I get five minutes.
Nini
Banned

So, we're not using the whiteboard then?