The Asda Thread

Nini
Banned

I'm nowhere near an Asda... just mentioning in passing.
Lorns

I am within a stones throw of 3 Asdas. If i use a catapult.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Sput

I've been moved to look at my nearest store. It's in the midst of a unpleasant part of town so I'm not inclined to go, but what on earth is ASDA Living?
Knight knight
nwtv2003

Sput wrote:I've been moved to look at my nearest store. It's in the midst of a unpleasant part of town so I'm not inclined to go, but what on earth is ASDA Living?
Clothes and Furniture AIUI, they have one just off the A56 in Altrincham. It used to sell Electronics, CD's, DVD's that kinda thing, but they dropped those.

I noticed alot of Asda's have been revamped or refitted lately, we have four near us and all of them have seen some change recently.
steve
Sput

So there is no food? That's outrageous.
Knight knight
Adders

nwtv2003 wrote:
Sput wrote:I've been moved to look at my nearest store. It's in the midst of a unpleasant part of town so I'm not inclined to go, but what on earth is ASDA Living?
Clothes and Furniture AIUI, they have one just off the A56 in Altrincham. It used to sell Electronics, CD's, DVD's that kinda thing, but they dropped those.

I noticed alot of Asda's have been revamped or refitted lately, we have four near us and all of them have seen some change recently.
I went in that Broadheath the other day. To be honest I thought it was crap, it didn't stock much more than my local Asda, and I managed to get lost in the car park on the way out. Our local Asda recently became one of these fancy Walmart Superstore things... all they did was shift half of the products upstairs and start selling home decor. I only dare venture there after The Trafford Centre has shut. It's always heaving until TTC closes. I only go in for the bakery and the DVD selection. I find Tescos better for what I need, but the nearest half-decent Tesco is miles away, but that's for a Tesco thread.

Is Asda Trafford Park the only Asda with a McDonalds in it?
Pete

Adders wrote:Is Asda Trafford Park the only Asda with a McDonalds in it?
the old co-op hypermarket in palmersville, just outside newcastle has a mcdonalds in it.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Adders

Hymagumba wrote:
Adders wrote:Is Asda Trafford Park the only Asda with a McDonalds in it?
the old co-op hypermarket in palmersville, just outside newcastle has a mcdonalds in it.
I don't see the appeal myself. It throws any healthy living image out of the window. I don't particularly want to eat shit whilst doing my shopping, but I suppose it'll appeal to the chavvy mums who can't be arsed cooking after doing the exhausting shop.
Lorns

Adders wrote:but I suppose it'll appeal to the chavvy mums who can't be arsed cooking after doing the exhausting shop.
Walk a mile in her shoes, with a screaming baby in tow. If its more than a mile to the dole office catch a bus.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Netizen

Asda are way too stingy with the cheese on bread rolls but yes the music's good. That is all.
Chie

I'm ashamed to admit, I DO shop at Asda. Almost every day.

They're taking the mick with price increases though. A pasta and tomato sauce snack (in a little plastic tub with a plastic fork) used to cost £1.15. Today I noticed the price has shot up to £1.90 :o And a bottle of Latte Macchiato was 34p, now 79p! :shock:

Don't get me started on the Walkers Sensations - I don't know where I am from one minute to the next with them. You can go in one week and buy them for £1, go in the following week and they've gone up to £1.78. Sometimes you can buy four packets for £3 but I prefer buying them seperately.