Paint Shop Pro

nidave

Suddenly on 3 separate PC's Paint Shop pro crashes - no matter how many times I re install.
anyone else got this issue?
nidave

never mind - had not installed the patch.
Nini
Banned

Thrilling...

Um, Paint Shop Pro? Really?
nidave

yes - and a legit copy - I like it and can do exactly what I want. So there!
Nini
Banned

On all three? Well, I guess someone must like it though I think only one of your systems might be legit.
Chris

What version?
If it's above 7, then expect it to crash because of the amount of bloat they have added!
nidave

Nini wrote:On all three? Well, I guess someone must like it though I think only one of your systems might be legit.
erm, not quite on all 3 - but we only use it on one PC at a time ;)
It was a balls up by PC world - was on the shelf for £30 and the till person just put it through without a comment.
Chris wrote:What version?
If it's above 7, then expect it to crash because of the amount of bloat they have added!
Its X2 - there is not that much difference - they are trying to make themselves out as the Alternative to Photo shop.

Its the2nd version we have bought - Got version 6 on work expenses as I was going a large project at home for them. I do tend to buy programs that I use a lot and think are worth it.
Nini
Banned

Only one at a time, way to skirt not having full licenses. I haven't used PSP since version 7 due to bloat and that it felt like a vegetative Photoshop for the most part. Given all of that, you see value in it and so if you must, you must.
Jovis

nidave wrote:It was a balls up by PC world
Get out of town.
nidave

Jovis wrote:
nidave wrote:It was a balls up by PC world
Get out of town.
I usually would not be seen dead in PC World but sometimes needs must when some stupid on line retailer sends a full set of 6 inks one at a time over the course of 2 weeks. GURRRRR - must have cost them a fortune as the inks only cost £9 each - with free delivery - they were all sent via city link.
nidave

nodnirG kraM wrote:I like PSP7, and have been using at <cough cough> version of that since about 2002. It loads in a jiffy, runs quietly in the background, and is useful just for dragging and dropping photos into for speedy viewing. The retouch tools are sometimes better than those on Photoshop, for example the hue/sat/lum match tool and lighten/darken RGB brush.

I use it side-by-side with Photoshop, rather than one-or-the-other, giving me the best of all worlds.
I have never had the patience to learn photoshop - PSP does everything I need it for (which is noting that complicated).. so dont see the reason.