No votes
Independent
2%
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 46
Nini
Banned

Well if that isn't bad news. London's now got their own George Bush as mayor, well done to the strange people who figured he'd be effective in any role with power.

Own up, who voted for this idiot? If you did I'm very, very disappointed, shame on you!
Stuart*
Banned

Nini wrote:Own up, who voted for this idiot? If you did I'm very, very disappointed, shame on you!
Nini, ya PLANK, 80% of us didn't get a say. London just sucks our taxes in and spend it on things like....err OLYMPICS, WEMBLEY...but it doesn't matter..(I don't mean Wembley plc - I mean the bits around it)

call it 'lottery funding'

Boris is more sane than the Troskyist idoit who Thatcher booted out of County Hall 30 years ago and built a lovely new temple 8 years ago at 5 times the cost than the one she sold off. I'm glad my taxes only pay for London and I don't have to live in it!

Illogical rant over! (phew)

Do I get the chance to delete this entire post when I get back from my Anger Mangegment Course tomorrow evening?
User removed
Gavin Scott
Admin

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Nini wrote:Well if that isn't bad news. London's now got their own George Bush as mayor, well done to the strange people who figured he'd be effective in any role with power.

Own up, who voted for this idiot? If you did I'm very, very disappointed, shame on you!
I'm ready to eat these words and have this quoted ad nauseum in the future. But why are you not able to see past the public buffoon image? This incedibly shrewd and intelligent man who will one day make a fantastic prime minister, will over the next few years show that his Have I Got News For You character is simply a background figure.

Read Have I Got Views For You. You'll soon see how his mind works.
Are you serious, Mark?

I'm prepared - in a very tiny way - to accept that there may be slightly more to Boris than meets the eye, but I 100% do NOT accept that the majority of those who voted for him realise this.

The man has the public image of a bumbling court jester, and I feel physically sick that the largest metropolis in the UK has seen fit to vote him in.

Hell mend you, London. You fucking idiots.
Nini
Banned

StuartPlymouth wrote:Nini, ya PLANK, 80% of us didn't get a say.
20% did though, I'll blank out the remainder of that post which was mainly white noise given how ultimately meaningless it was.
nodnirG kraM wrote:I'm ready to eat these words and have this quoted ad nauseum in the future. But why are you not able to see past the public buffoon image? This incedibly shrewd and intelligent man who will one day make a fantastic prime minister, will over the next few years show that his Have I Got News For You character is simply a background figure.

Read Have I Got Views For You. You'll soon see how his mind works.
I was not certain of the level of sarcasm there then I read that last sentence and that pretty much sealed it. Just beyond that odd public image resides a much worse reality, typically Tory in output but disturbing if it was in a position where such ideas actually affected others similar to how you're happy that Prince Philip isn't king.

Thing is, people figured Boris would be "fun" to have as a mayor. Nothing serious, because he'd be fun. Others say that they voted Boris as people didn't want Labour in anymore, not because he was the better candidate. Same thing will get the Conservatives in come next general election and kill the BBC or some other thing that'll scare us.
Thames

It all depends now on who he has around him as advisers, and I'm sure David Cammeron will make sure that he has access to all the top Tory brass, and make it work.

It would be bad for the Conservatives if he makes too many blunders, it would weaken the new image that they are working on and could put into jeopdy a general election win.

I can see him being a different sort of Mayor, one who is a figure head, but delegates alot more than Ken.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Oh I expect we'll all be quoting bits and pieces for some time to come.

Rosie Boycott was on late last night telling us, "He's certainly not a detail man - but he should be good at appointing people to do all that for him".

What's the point of Boris then? Sounds like London voted a gold brick to me.
Lorns

I'm obviously in the minority here, but i think he could be rather fab. He is a likeable clever bloke. I know he's abit of a fool and a joke but he's not stupid.
If Mark has to eat his words i'll eat Mark if we're wrong.

Oh and it is giving headcases some good material. Just seen the trailer. If nothing else he'll put some fun into politics.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Nini
Banned

I don't believe he's stupid but I also don't believe that he's mayor material given he's only realistically the lesser evil to Ken. People who reckon he'll be "fun" worry me, this isn't some podunk village he's running but London, one of the major cities of the world.

Let him be fun when chairing satirical quizpanel shows, I figured him as being a fairly jovial chap in the sense I don't know how he got a position in any political party at all but don't go looking for some information on the chap, he's a complete dipshit given half the stuff he's come out with.

Then again, he is a politician, of course he's going to be a little fucked in the head in some way.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Lorns wrote:I'm obviously in the minority here, but i think he could be rather fab. He is a likeable clever bloke. I know he's abit of a fool and a joke but he's not stupid.
If Mark has to eat his words i'll eat Mark if we're wrong.

Oh and it is giving headcases some good material. Just seen the trailer. If nothing else he'll put some fun into politics.
£11Billion as a budget is no fucking joke.

Seriously - what's with you people? If you want a joker go to the comedy store. "Fab" should not remotely come into it.

Mark my words - you'll all be sorry you confused "amusing after dinner-speaking bumbling toffy-nosed public schoolboy with no life experience and no clue how people exist with little money in an expensive city" with "man who controls everything in the largest city in the UK".

Seriously everyone, get a fucking grip.

Not that I'm going to fall out with any of my dear friends on this site over politics.

I just wish I didn't have to express such a strong counter-opinion - but then - it wasn't me who voted for this privileged clueless wanker.
Mr Q

I think there's a difference though between eccentric and incompetent. I don't think anyone would deny Boris is eccentric in nature and personality. That doesn't necessarily make him unsuitable to be mayor of London though. Ultimately Boris Johnson is a very unique character, and he certainly doesn't fit the traditional mould of what we expect a politician to be. But is that really such a bad thing? Clearly the voters of London think not.
Nick Harvey
God

Mr Q wrote:very unique
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

"Unique" is an absolute. Nothing can be "very" unique.