Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Square Eyes

Digital Spy are recruiting for Forum Support, maybe Hyma should consider the position ?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/jobs/jobfs0408/
all new Phil

what a load of fucking shite. talk about having thoughts above their station.
Pete

how pretentious. do they pay their mods? if so i could partly understand the advert but otherwise it's absurd.

I do love the list of qualities though, nearly all of which are the complete opposite of what happens over there :)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Square Eyes

I think it's probably paid. There are other opportunities available, like Big Brother reporters.

You have to monitor the live feed for 8 hours (including 1 hr break), at £50 to £65 per full shift. I expect pad and Brekkie Boy have applied.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/jobs/jobbb0408/
Nini
Banned

I thought I knew what the worst job was, then I saw that...
WillPS

Hah! I'm glad my dislike for Mr. Luxton is not uncommon :)

I applied for a job with DS a couple of years ago and I have to say they were kind of rude. I went down to London from Nottingham... could at least have sent me a fricking letter to say I hadn't got it.
Pete

WillPS wrote:Hah! I'm glad my dislike for Mr. Luxton is not uncommon :)

I applied for a job with DS a couple of years ago and I have to say they were kind of rude. I went down to London from Nottingham... could at least have sent me a fricking letter to say I hadn't got it.
Do tell us more about your experience. did beth hart interview you? I take it they have an office and what not.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

Square Eyes wrote:I think it's probably paid. There are other opportunities available, like Big Brother reporters.

You have to monitor the live feed for 8 hours (including 1 hr break), at £50 to £65 per full shift. I expect pad and Brekkie Boy have applied.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/jobs/jobbb0408/
£50 quid to monitor the live feed of BB and report onnit. That's slave labour. And you have to travel to London for a proper face to face interview, that is just outrageous.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Bail

Its actually not that bad, not that I'd ever do it. £6.25 an hour, which whilst not good, is better than most people get at a well know high street stationary store.
Alexia

Bail wrote:Its actually not that bad, not that I'd ever do it. £6.25 an hour, which whilst not good, is better than most people get at a well know high street stationary store.
Still less than I get for sitting around looking after a hotel all night.
noelfirl

*Bing-bong* The following is a public service announcement...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=789800

Actually, I'm going to copy it in here too in case the DS mods decide to obliterate it.
GH Online wrote: Private forum - a case for legal action?
In recent threads on this board concerning online bullying, I mentioned a particular privately-run forum on which I am the subject of possibly libellous conjecture. The said forum was set up as a sister forum to a TV presentation forum I have been a member of since 2002, and while I take no regular part in the sister forum, I am the subject of regular conjecture there.

While I am the first to admit I often land myself in it with some of the controversial viewpoints I express on DS, what is not called for is some of the following on the other forum, which shall remain nameless. These have included over a sustained period of time:

* The implication that, because I run a Grange Hill site, I am a particular sort of person. There has been much references to "underage members of the Grange Hill cast he fancies" etc.
* Direct personal insults, such as I am a c*nt and a "man-child".
* People looking up my address on sites like 192.com and speculating about my living arrangements.
* Speculation about my mental state etc.
Unauthorised republishing of an old photo of myself, and derogatory comments about my physical appearance ie. I have Down's Syndrome.
* One member who was once banned on this general discussion forum for going to far in his accusations against me has since not only been allowed back, he's now a moderator.
* Who I believe to be the same member of this forum also got hold of my landline number, made a prank call and my telephone voice has since become a subject of discussion (and amusement) on this board.

Until this week this particular forum was closed to non-members and up to then I was blissfully ignorant of whatever was being said about me there. However, the forum was made open-access on Tuesday and I find that in January, the following was written about me:

Quote:
Posted by Administrator of forum under discussion, discussing my comments made about Mark Speight here at the time of his arrest:
Absolutely disgusting. So perhaps (GH Online) should be banned from participating on forums with those under the age of consent, given some of the unproven accusations bandied around about him?

Of course that would be shocking and unthinkable - and yet he is demanding the end of a man's career without a shred of evidence.

(GH Online) I hope this post is brought to your attention. You need to think on.should be banned from participating on forums with those under the age of consent, given some of the unproven accusations bandied around about him?

Of course that would be shocking and unthinkable - and yet he is demanding the end of a man's career without a shred of evidence.

(GH Online) I hope this post is brought to your attention. You need to think on.
There is absolutely no point in me contacting the senior admin of this forum, as he is completely intransigent and it's fair to say there is no love lost between us! I am therefore wondering if there is any point in me contacting this forum's ISP to see if the discussion of myself is in someway in breach of terms of service or, possibly, look into legal action?

Amazingly, despite all this I was a member of this forum for a while (my hand forced to answer particular allegations) but admin refused my request in January to delete my account. By not doing so, are they in breach of the Data Protection Act?
EDIT: OK, it's now been deleted from DS, but before it was, Simon himself deleted the OP on the grounds that it had been spotted...

SIMON! I CAN SEE YOUUU! COME OUT COME OUT!!