TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Nini
Banned

Us vocal minority? Oh wait, no, we aren't mods so can't state the blinking obvious to people who should know better. So close.
Chie

One person may be under the illusion that they are the master of the universe because they happen to own* a forum, but the fact is that 'no members' = 'no forum'. So it's always a good thing to be nice to your members because they can always leave, thereby rendering your 'Master of the Universe' title rather impotent :roll:

* I've always said that on any given forum, the members own it - not the admin - for the same reason stated above. Forums are not dictatorships, they are co-operatives. This is something the likes of Digital Spy also need to realise.
Sput

To be fair to him, he's probably making more people (dweebish though they are) happy with that stance. This would all be solved if there was just a "TV programmes and personalities" forum alongside the others.
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

Don't know why I didn't come up with this one last night; must have been tired.

Perhaps we should start all our posts over there with a raised right arm and the words "Heil Hicksler"?
Alexia

"The Forum will last for a thousand years...."
Stuart*
Banned

Does anyone else have a problem with the "view new posts" function on TVF? Sometimes it works correctly, but lately I've noticed that quite often it actually takes me back to either the start of the thread or previous posts which I've already suffered reading through.

Of course, on Metropol, the function works perfectly.
User removed
Jovis

phpBB2 does it differently to 3 I think, i.e. not as well.
Pete

There is a new logo over there for the 7th birthday.

Cue the vile members and their "you go girl" posts for asa.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Stuart*
Banned

While it's admirable to mark the longevity of something (after all, TV channels count the days between nostalgia-fests when they can wheel out endless repeats), I can't quite understand the posts on that thread.

*Who* are they wishing 'Happy Birthday' to? Do they think TVF is some metaphysical entity inside the server, currently downing a celebratory vodka & coke?
User removed
Nini
Banned

Welly well, seven years eh? Got fairly shit three years ago when it went a bit softy and allowed for this sort of proto Digital Spew nonsense so whatever.
Jovis

Hymagumba wrote:There is a new logo over there for the 7th birthday.
Is that what 623058 sees every day?
Brekkie wrote:Can't imagine now a time before this place.
Hardly surprising.