Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Nini
Banned

He hasn't popped up on TVF in recent times, has he? As long as he's keeping his insanity confined to other places I'm happy.
noelfirl

Something interesting I recently found out about DS is that if you want to sign up with a non-ISP based email address (a web one) then, rather then being unavailable as it was in the past, you now can... by paying £5 through paypal (to verify your physical address, it seems). Hmmm...
Netizen wrote:GH Online, in case anyone was wondering. I particularly love it when the old 'Pages from Ceefax' rant comes up, followed by many posts questioning his sanity and selfishness. It's like he can't help himself.
It's a bit like some Life on Mars timewarp happened in reverse. He really should permanently exist in the 70's. At least then he would'nt seem so totally nucking futs, because that's all he comes across as now.
Pete

you are kidding? £5 to join digital spew. How self important are they now that they epxect people to pay money to marvel at their board of shit?

Having said that however might be an idea for this place...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Netizen

Seems to work for SomethingAwful, nothing says eliteist impenetrable community like charging for registration! No evidence that it's improving the quality of member on DS, though. Having said that I've not seen an Akinbola thread for a while...
Pete

If anything, paid members should be allowed access to a secret forum where they can discuss the site on the site and plot the downfall of other members.

Like on here.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Sput

Which reminds me, your last cheque bounced hyma. If this happens again I shall be forced to reveal you are nothing but my pawn.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Hymagumba wrote:If anything, paid members should be allowed access to a secret forum where they can discuss the site on the site and plot the downfall of other members.

Like on here.
My buddy who frequents a paintball forum says they have a similar arrangement there, in that members who subscribe to a magazine also gain access to a "secret forum".

Perhaps we could come up with a magazine programme in a Harry Hill/Charlie Brooker style to lampoon the TV Forumers?

Just a thought.
Bail

Quite a few forums have "member extra bits" on the Weebls-Stuff forum I'm on theres a paid members only over 18s section for a fiver, which also lets you have your own user subtitle like "Chief Button Presser" and other random extras, more PM storage, custom avatars etc.
Chie

I was banned from DS about a year ago for supposedly having multiple accounts, which was not true. We got in to a big argument about the whole thing via email. I asked them to remove all of my 4000+ posts and when they declined, I requested they remove all of my personal information from the forums, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

That would have meant they'd have to delete all of my posts, because my IP address (which is unique and personally indentifiable to me) is physically logged against each individual post. Unsurprisingly, I'm still waiting :roll:

My legal argument for all of this was that they were still profiting from my (copyrighted) threads and posts through targeted advertising, even though I'd been unjustifiably banned from the site. During the argument, they pointed out that their terms and conditions state that upon joining DS, you absolutely revoke your rights to any copy that you submit to the website and automatically transfer the rights over to them. This would hold no water in a British court of law, despite the fact that similar clauses are used by many other media companies and organisations. It's just one of those clauses that is put in to terms and conditions merely for 'effect'. In reality, it is not legally binding at all.
Gavin Scott wrote:I object to the use of commas to denote "and", as illustrated in the, "Church, Henson..." headline above.

It's a lazy Americanism and it shouldn't be used here. Its not as if they haven't got time to write it in full given they only cut and paste from the '3AM Girls' column these days.
That has ALWAYS bugged me as well! They could at least type a semi-colon instead of 'and', which would make a lot more sense than a comma does.
Gavin Scott
Admin

"We chat to the cast of Rock Rivals about ITV1's wonderfully trashy new drama series."

So they've secured interviews with ITV's failing drama and now its "wonderfully trashy"?

What a bunch of whores.
rob

what the fuck...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a91 ... -sale.html

Who would want one of them??
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am