Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Square Eyes

Now, I seem to recall in the dim and distant past that there was once an occasion when this site served a vague purpose. They've always sourced their material from newspapers and other websites, but at least you could go on there and see all the broadcast / media news in one location.

So why when I have an occasional look now has it evolved into a cross between The Daily Star and Heat magazine and totally sold out to the vacuous age of celebrity ? I mean, for example some of the choice articles at the moment ;

- Carrey speaks about McCarthy love
- Church, Henson 'row' after rugby match
- Lohan to launch range of leggings
- Britney has dinner with Mel Gibson
- Spears has healing tattoo removed
- Gareth Gates : 'I'm ripped at the minute'

I'm not wrong am I, it didn't used to be like this ? Anyway, use this thread to keep an eye on all things DS. And any choice postings from the forums, that is if you bother with it anymore.
Sput

Ahh, the days when it was DigiNews and useful, as you say.
Knight knight
Jovis

And any choice postings from the forums, that is if you bother with it anymore.
Thing is though, it works with TVF. You get mostly serious, dull, intelligent posts, but occasionally the one worth reproducing on Metropol. With Digital Spy, they're all crap, annoying, and pointless, and I don't think Metropol has enough bandwidth to support people reposting 98% of the posts onto here.
Square Eyes

Yes, well not the forums so much then, just the state of the site. Although it's quite amusing to spot the ramblings of tvarksouthwest over there. He seems to be a bit more prolific over there.
Sput

MORE prolific? Wow. Just. Wow.
Knight knight
DVB Cornwall

Careful, you are talking about this place's 'proposed partner' :o
Alexia

One digital spy watch which you can buy from http://www.homespy.com
Gavin Scott
Admin

I object to the use of commas to denote "and", as illustrated in the, "Church, Henson..." headline above.

It's a lazy Americanism and it shouldn't be used here. Its not as if they haven't got time to write it in full given they only cut and paste from the '3AM Girls' column these days.
B.E. El-Zebub

At last an antidote to all those tedious threads on TVF:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/digitalspy.co.uk
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
Nini
Banned

Neat.
Netizen

Square Eyes wrote:Yes, well not the forums so much then, just the state of the site. Although it's quite amusing to spot the ramblings of tvarksouthwest over there. He seems to be a bit more prolific over there.
GH Online, in case anyone was wondering. I particularly love it when the old 'Pages from Ceefax' rant comes up, followed by many posts questioning his sanity and selfishness. It's like he can't help himself.