I've just deactivated my facebook, and I'm proud

Gluben

I never use MySpace now, but am always on Facebook, sadly, although I don't update it as much as some do, like my housemate, who has something like 5 or 6 status updates per day.

I can understand why people don't see the point of it. For me, it's just convenient, when everybody else uses it, to send messages and update people about various meetings or presentations in seminars and the like. Yes, I do have a phone, but I rarely text because it costs too much, and I'm terrible at speaking to people on the phone because, for a rather non-confident person like me, it is too direct, and people can just interrupt you whenever they like. Facebook is more relaxed - you don't have to instantly reply to someone's comments. I admit that I do hate people asking me to quiz myself on Disney movies, become a pirate or display my general boredom, and I don't write notes about all the tens of people who have written on my wall in the last few days. That is tiresome.
lukey

I have essentially given up on MySpace (not that the profile deleting process actually...worked) other than for one group that I frequent. I do love Facebook though - mainly because it used to be all clean and lovely, even though that's increasingly going to shit. I found a lovely Meaningless Black Square app to add in some lame protest at it all, though. Bebo I can't even begin to understand. It inexplicably leaves me feeling dirty and cheap.
cdd

lukey wrote: Bebo I can't even begin to understand. It inexplicably leaves me feeling dirty and cheap.
Because it's populated almost entirely by 14-year-olds and uses those trendy colour schemes?
Sput

With AOL it's a match made in heaven!
Knight knight
StevieB

Facebook started off a lot better than Bebo because of the lack of stupid applications getting in the way but now they're both just as bad as one another! I was looking at someone's profile on Bebo the other day and they had applications such as "What type of drink are you?", "What type of pants are you?" etc etc. Wtf?
Jamez
Banned

woome.com is the new Facebook.
User Removed
Stuart*
Banned

Is everyone busy cancelling their facebook accounts today? I've just noticed that there haven't been any posts on here since 3:14pm :?

User removed
Nini
Banned

Making a point or making noise for the sake of making noise, Stu?
Stuart*
Banned

Making a point, quietly, as is my style! It's unusual for there not have been any expressions of opinion for so long on here. I thought that many Metropolers would be staying in this weekend, saving themselves (and their bank accounts) until Easter next weekend.
User removed
Sput

I blame myself. I've been tucked up in bed all day feeling crap. Yay at my feeling refreshed, tsk @ it being 3am.
Knight knight
Stuart*
Banned

I blame you too! But I'm pleased you are feeling better Herr Sput! ;)

I have spent the last few hours testing by VirginMedia broadband connection, which is at it's most unhealthy since I got it 5 weeks ago! I had hoped to start a suitable thread to vent my spleen, but nobody was about (that includes VM Customer Service).

I'll just have to store it all up until Sunday afternoon, unless I manage to virtually strangle someone by telephone after 9am!
User removed