Atari

Ronnie Rowlands

Was wondering if anyone could help me.

we've just had 2 dirty tennants put out of their flats, after 20 years. For the last 2 days I've been helping to clean the rooms, and in going through a lot of junk, dust, cobwebs, odd socks, books and tampons, I came across a bag full of very old 1980s Atari video games, including Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders and Battlestar something.

Would these games have any historical value? D'you reckon I could make money out of them at an auction or something? I'm asking here because I don't want to go to a shop and have them say "erm, excuse me? what? I'll give you 20p for this shit."

hope you can help me out.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Lorns

Oooh i used to play paperboy on Atari and a North and South civil war cannon fodder game and the Jetsons ( i was crap at that game).
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Pete

me and the bf found a commador 64 in the electrical skip at the dump. sadly there was no software for it but the joy of creating the look around you titles kept me entertained for several minutes. he meanwhile barked out about three lines of complex code from some website which apparently made it make a sound like a gun.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
jrothwell97

I always thought Atari's logo looked like TVS's logo turned upside down and with a few stripes removed.
Nick Harvey wrote: If I was one of those people who regularly changed my signature™, I think I'd use that quote in it for a while.
Stuart*
Banned

Hymagumba wrote:me and the bf found a commador 64 in the electrical skip at the dump.
Hyma, this isn't the first time you've admitted to rummaging around in skips and finding some electrical goody-bag. Are the other inhabitants of Dundee somewhat careless in what they throw away? I thought the scottish were frugally minded?
User removed
Lorns

I'm with Hyma on this one. I too have found some treasures lurking in skips. I am this minute rediscovering the joys of the Lava Lamp. After a quick clean and new plug it will provide me with hours of entertainment.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
jrothwell97

I once found an old tape deck in a skip. As in the type where the tape comes on spools and you have to loop it through to the reciever spool and rewind it and unhook it before ejecting it.

(It was broken, though.)
Nick Harvey wrote: If I was one of those people who regularly changed my signature™, I think I'd use that quote in it for a while.
Stuart*
Banned

miss hellfire wrote:I'm with Hyma on this one. I too have found some treasures lurking in skips. I am this minute rediscovering the joys of the Lava Lamp.
And I thought you were going to say you found "Mr H" there :lol:
miss hellfire wrote:After a quick clean and new plug it will provide me with hours of entertainment.
:shock: :shock: The mind boggles! :o :o (Let's not go there!)
User removed
Reeves

They may have historical value, but not as much as you'd think. A while ago I saw an ultra-rare Sega SG-1000 on eBay, but it went for around £20. For a system that's 26 years old, i'm not sure how old a system or it's games have to be before they are worth "historical" value.
Stuart*
Banned

Reeves wrote:They may have historical value, but not as much as you'd think. A while ago I saw an ultra-rare Sega SG-1000 on eBay, but it went for around £20. For a system that's 26 years old, i'm not sure how old a system or it's games have to be before they are worth "historical" value.
From your comment you could summise "older than 26 years", but it's difficult to say. Some items obtain iconic or cultural value far beyond their actual useful status.

You only have to see how much Lorna & Pete go rummaging around the skips they wake up in on Sunday mornings after a night out to discover what people can find!

Somehow I don't see me able to flog off any of the other 3 PCs in the house at a "Car Boot Sale" let alone eBay. They have been cannibalised to bits!

I could probably make a doorbell with them together with the 10 mobile phones! :lol: :ugeek:
User removed
rob

I had an Atari. I was about 3 years old at the time I had it, and the last time I ever played it was the time I built a fort in the front room (around 6 years later) - I was bored.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am