Hidden

Are you hidden from the online member list?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 19
rts

Knowing that more than one person hides their member status, I feel able to make this thread. Do you hide your online membership status? I do. Why? I don't particularly want other members to see exactly where I am. Not that I'm worried of them finding something derogatory out, but that it's nobody else's business.

What do you think? Should people be bold enough to reveal their membership status or be able to keep it quiet, and if you are anonymous, why?
Martin

Its quite interesting being admin you get to see even users who are hidden, always makes me smile when you see the odd user who swore they would never use the new Lounge somehow finds time to pay the odd visit.
cdd

What sorts of email addresses pop up for the duplicate users (e.g. Keef White, etc)? As I presume you're able to see those easily too...
Chris

Knowing that more than one person hides their member status, I feel able to make this thread. Do you hide your online membership status? I do. Why? I don't particularly want other members to see exactly where I am. Not that I'm worried of them finding something derogatory out, but that it's nobody else's business.
I am the other hidden person. :P

I normally set myself as 'hidden' on all forums I visit - why I don't know but it's just a thing that I do. You might think I'm a little paranoid, but I like to keep my cards close to my chest. ;)
Dr Lobster*

[quote="Chris]I normally set myself as 'hidden' on all forums I visit - why I don't know but it's just a thing that I do. You might think I'm a little paranoid, but I like to keep my cards close to my chest. ;)[/quote]

What do you have to be paranoid about?

I do not have my status hidden. I want people to know when Wellie is online so they can message him, and ask him questions like what is your favourite brand of cornish pastie.
Ophelia, Gypsy Queen

Dr Sigmund Mohammad wrote:I do not have my status hidden. I want people to know when Wellie is online so they can message him, and ask him questions like what is your favourite brand of cornish pastie.
Okay, Dr Sig, do tell.
The world needs to know.
DAS

I think it was a bad name killing Wellie off. His posts were a forum feature (like a water feature, if you will) to look out for. They had a sense of goodness about them. Now they're just ordinary, un-unusual and normal.
Ophelia, Gypsy Queen

DAS wrote:I think it was a bad name killing Wellie off. His posts were a forum feature (like a water feature, if you will) to look out for. They had a sense of goodness about them. Now they're just ordinary, un-unusual and normal.
But rejoice! At least you still have your gypsy queen.
One must also admit to missing His Lordship, even if it's still the same person posting in reality.
DAS

I've just realised I've done my old snazzy trick of replacing key words in my post with irrelevant, random ones to render my credibility non existant.

Please read: "It was a bad MOVE killing Wellie off..."
Cheese Head
Banned

I dont understand why people hide, but I dont. Hm.. well, theres my contribution.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Pete

as there are now SIX hidden users I feel this should be brought back to the top.

I disagree with hiding your status on here - you should be seen.
"He has to be larger than bacon"