TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Gavin Scott
Admin

Nick Harvey wrote:Hell, they're all fawning over the longevity of each other and how wonderful the sadministrator is for creating it.

Excuse me while I throw up in my wine glass.
If it hadn't been for that place then how would our paths have crossed, Nick?

I'm richer for the experience.

Lesser places have come and gone, so I say kudos is due.
Ant

Nick Harvey wrote:Hell, they're all fawning over the longevity of each other and how wonderful the sadministrator is for creating it.

True, but if it hadn't been for "The Forum" our default board would have to be... Digital Spy.

:shock:
tvmercia

now i am no james martin fan, however, there is one thing even more boring than james martin - and that's people who incessantly go on and on at him, telling him what a bad person he is blah blah blah.

yes, we know he's derided gays in the past, and probably will in the future. we know and he knows it will not win him any friends on here. end of.

its funny how some people *looks at stuartplymouth* revel in victimhood. please change the record.
onetrickpony

How much did he pay you to say that :P

Only joking, you do have a point. The best thing to do is to ignore someone you dont like.
Katnap

Gavin Scott wrote:

If it hadn't been for that place then how would our paths have crossed, Nick?

I'm richer for the experience.

Lesser places have come and gone, so I say kudos is due.
Mr Harvey first graced TVF with His presence on November 11th 2001, according to a peek in that web archive thingy. My old profile details aren't archived, but I know that I joined in January 2002 - I think it was a week or so after Johnnyboy, IIRC.

Contrary to what most people seem to be saying, I'm surprised at how many people are actually still around (not including those who have changed usernames - I can never keep track of those), albeit not posting as regularly as they used to. Considering the generally transient nature of internet communities, I think that it's unique to be able to look back and 'know' who most people are/were.

It's a pity that the threads aren't easier to read - some of them would have been hilarious, especially with the benefit of hindsight. And some of the titles seem to indeed indicate that the more things change, the more they stay the same. ;)
Stuart*
Banned

tvmercia wrote:its funny how some people *looks at stuartplymouth* revel in victimhood. please change the record.
Not sure quite what you are intending to say there. To my knowledge I have never revelled in "victimdom" or had any cause to.
Nick Harvey
God

Katnap wrote:Mr Harvey first graced TVF with His presence on November 11th 2001, according to a peek in that web archive thingy. My old profile details aren't archived, but I know that I joined in January 2002.
James Martin

[Chorus:]
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late into a world that doesn't care

When the head of state didn't play guitar
Not everybody drove a car
When music really mattered and when radio was king
When accountants didn't have control
And the media couldn't buy your soul
And computers were still scary and we didn't know everything

[Chorus]

When pop stars still remained a myth
And ignorance could still be bliss
And when god saved the queen she turned a whiter shade of pale
My mom and dad were in their teens
And anarchy was still a dream
And the only way to stay in touch was a letter in the mail

[Chorus]

When record shops were still on top
And vinyl was all that they stocked
And the super info highway was still drifting out in space
Kids were wearing hand me downs
And playing games meant kick arounds
And footballers still had long hair and dirt across their face

[Chorus]

I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Sput

A more realistic aspiration might be to become a prawn cracker rather than a punk rocker. And your hairline has receded far too much for it to be able to support anything but the tiniest of daisies.
Knight knight
Alarsne53

:lol: at sput
James Martin

Sput wrote:A more realistic aspiration might be to become a prawn cracker rather than a punk rocker. And your hairline has receded far too much for it to be able to support anything but the tiniest of daisies.
Fuck you.