CCTV of Police punching woman

Lorns

As i said once before; i believe nothing of which i read and only half of what i see. I've only seen a clip of what happened, but if she was resisting arrest then yes she deserved it. If it had been a WPC using the same amount of force to restrain her would it have been newsworthy?

I haven't really paid this story too much attention as there are far more important things going on the world, like.. Liz Hurleys wedding and Robbie and Britneys rehab stint ;)
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Stuart*
Banned

miss hellfire wrote:I haven't really paid this story too much attention as there are far more important things going on the world, like.. Liz Hurleys wedding and Robbie and Britneys rehab stint ;)
Well I'm glad to see that someone has their priorties right concerning this fiasco! Good on ya Lorna! :lol: :lol:
antony

StuartPlymouth wrote:She pushed the PC down the stairs and then was grabbing his genitals as a means to inflict pain, thereby releasing herself and enabling escape. Given the pain being inflicted upon the PC I am not surprised at the amount of "force" he used against her arm.
Based on the video commentary on this page, there was no way she was grabbing white PC's genitals.

White PC Anthony Mulhall admitted he hit the 20-year-old black mother of one as hard as he is physically able to.

It is outraged to know that South Yorkshire's Chief Constable, Meredydd Hughes, decided to protect white police officer's wallet by keeping Mulhall in police force.
Antony from SillyDog701 | MacCentre701
AntBlog701, a very happy Mac user
Stuart*
Banned

I had to think long and hard about my reply here because I was so astounded by your response and didn't want to react in an inflammatory way.

Why have you found it necessary to turn a discussion about possible abusive use of force by WYP into a racist debate? Your use of BOLD highlights on your quotes says alot more than the content of your post or quality of your augument.

Clearly it is very bad if some ethnic sections of society in the UK feel they are victimised, but being a member does not provide immunity from law enforcement, or the right to resist arrest when breaching it.

I notice that the individual concerned hasn't made a complaint.
User removed
marksi

Would it be relevant or acceptable to point out in the same way that the person vandalising the car was black?
Stuart*
Banned

marksi wrote:Would it be relevant or acceptable to point out in the same way that the person vandalising the car was black?
No, anymore than to annouce that the car might've been green or blue.
User removed
marksi

Point made I think.
Stuart*
Banned

I withdraw my point marksi, I read your post in haste and responded accordingly. (Off to whip myself with barbed wire as punishment)
User removed
marksi

No, you and I are in agreement!!!
antony

StuartPlymouth wrote:I had to think long and hard about my reply here because I was so astounded by your response and didn't want to react in an inflammatory way.
My post wasn't on you personally. I apologise if you were offended.
StuartPlymouth wrote:Why have you found it necessary to turn a discussion about possible abusive use of force by WYP into a racist debate? Your use of BOLD highlights on your quotes says alot more than the content of your post or quality of your augument.
The situation seems clear to me a racist issue.
Just like the famous Rodney King case, whites believe those racists police officers were merely doing their jobs, so did the jury (of 10 whites + 1 Latino + 1 Asian).
Emphasising the fact police officer is black and the victim is white does most of the talking.

Life is tough being a black.
Antony from SillyDog701 | MacCentre701
AntBlog701, a very happy Mac user
MarkN

antony wrote:
StuartPlymouth wrote:I had to think long and hard about my reply here because I was so astounded by your response and didn't want to react in an inflammatory way.
My post wasn't on you personally. I apologise if you were offended.
StuartPlymouth wrote:Why have you found it necessary to turn a discussion about possible abusive use of force by WYP into a racist debate? Your use of BOLD highlights on your quotes says alot more than the content of your post or quality of your augument.
The situation seems clear to me a racist issue.
Just like the famous Rodney King case, whites believe those racists police officers were merely doing their jobs, so did the jury (of 10 whites + 1 Latino + 1 Asian).
Emphasising the fact police officer is black and the victim is white does most of the talking.
Have you considered the possibility that the skin colour of the people involved may be completely coincidental?
Spencer for Hire wrote:According to Radio 4 last night, the father of the girl said he didn't think there was any racist element to the incident.