TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tvmercia

*victory* the supermaket sweep thread is now unstickied.
jay

tvmercia wrote:*victory* the supermaket sweep thread is now unstickied.
LOL You really need to get a life!

The original plan was for it to be stickied for a week. So don't think its been un-stickied due to your sad little crusade.
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Pete

jay wrote:LOL You really need to get a life!

The original plan was for it to be stickied for a week. So don't think its been un-stickied due to your sad little crusade.
The spokesman for our new masters has spoken.

Do overlordTHAMES plan to have purges of the high ranking forum members so that only the prolatariat are left?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

jay wrote:So don't think its been un-stickied due to your sad little crusade.
I wouldn't think that for a moment.

I expect it finally got un-stickied (if such a verb actually exists) because it was simply a sad little thread in the first place.
Hymagumba wrote:Do overlordTHAMES plan to have purges of the high ranking forum members so that only the prolatariat are left?
I feel one of my new words coming on!

Are you sure you didn't mean "trolatariat"?
jay

Nick Harvey wrote: I expect it finally got un-stickied (if such a verb actually exists) because it was simply a sad little thread in the first place.
Obviously your eyes are failing you, then. If you read my post properly, it clearly states the plan was to have it stickied for a week, which it was.
Nick Harvey
God

jay wrote:If you read my post properly, it clearly states the plan was to have it stickied for a week, which it was.
I fail to see why you assume that there must be any connection whatsoever between any plan which may or may not have been in place and the fact that the thread started life as sad and little, continued its existence sad and little, and is now, thankfully, sinking out of view, still sad and little.

There are always lots of plans, but they don't, necessarily, always get followed. There was probably a plan for the TV Forum links to work in Opera. There was probably a plan for the TV Forum archive forums to work after the site moved from Canada. Both those plans are totally phuqued, so why the hell do you think you're so damned important that the sadministrator's plan for your stupid thread should be followed to any greater degree than any of his others?
GNiel

Nick Harvey wrote:
jay wrote:If you read my post properly, it clearly states the plan was to have it stickied for a week, which it was.
I fail to see why you assume that there must be any connection whatsoever between any plan which may or may not have been in place and the fact that the thread started life as sad and little, continued its existence sad and little, and is now, thankfully, sinking out of view, still sad and little.

There are always lots of plans, but they don't, necessarily, always get followed. There was probably a plan for the TV Forum links to work in Opera. There was probably a plan for the TV Forum archive forums to work after the site moved from Canada. Both those plans are totally phuqued, so why the hell do you think you're so damned important that the sadministrator's plan for your stupid thread should be followed to any greater degree than any of his others?
applause
jay

I don't know why it's even so much of an issue. It's like World War 3!

I spoke to Asa who authorised it, and as owner of the site he can do what the fuck he likes.

If you have a problem with it then go and talk to him.
tvmercia

jay wrote:I don't know why it's even so much of an issue. It's like World War 3!

I spoke to Asa who authorised it, and as owner of the site he can do what the fuck he likes.

If you have a problem with it then go and talk to him.
welcome to the wonderful world of free speech. asa doesn't like dissension on his own forum, but there is nothing to stop us airing our views over here.
Sput

Yes, not even things like taste and decency limit us!

Bums.
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

jay wrote:I spoke to Asa who authorised it.
I'd love to know what huge item it is that you've got, which none of the rest of us have got.

My personal opinion has to be that it's either your wallet or something between your legs.

If any other member of TV Forum had asked the sadministrator for such a "favour", we'd have been laughed out of court, had our thread locked and deleted, then probably been banned for taking the forum so far off topic.

It's pure and simple favouritism, nothing else.

You must be totally thick if you can wonder why "World War 3" breaks out when you get all the special treatment and the rest of us are still being trodden on like left over turds.