Independent Candidate
No votes
Other
No votes
Will not vote (by choice)
16%

Total votes: 37
DJGM

I certainly did. And I'm happy that Bury Metropolitan Borough Council is finally out of Labour's grubby little hands.
Square Eyes

DJGM wrote:I certainly did. And I'm happy that Bury Metropolitan Borough Council is finally out of Labour's grubby little hands.
Bury, isn't that a Benjamin Shatliff stronghold ? Looks like 'politics and itv1' wasn't a very popular mandate :shock:

Bibby, Robert Andrew
(The Conservative Party candidate)
2048 41.21%

Jenkins, Paul David
(Liberal Democrat)

Shatliff, Benjamin Francis
(The Labour Party candidate)
Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:So, did you all vote then?
No voting in our rural backwater, either, I'm afraid.

The nearest I could have gone to make a useful contribution would have been Gorse Hill and Pinehurst.

So, Margaret Beckett for the Foreign Office, eh? It'll take her a while to get to meetings in Baghdad if she has to tow the caravan behind her wherever she goes.

And David Miliband takes over the Department for the Elimination of Farming and Rural Affairs. Suppose he can't do much more damage than the 'vanner's already done.

So, did yesterday's voting move the country to the right then? Or just from Bliar's shade of dirty pink to Cameron's very similar hue?
DJGM

Square Eyes wrote:
DJGM wrote: I certainly did. And I'm happy that Bury Metropolitan Borough Council is finally out of Labour's grubby little hands.
Bury, isn't that a Benjamin Shatliff stronghold ? Looks like 'politics and itv1' wasn't a very popular mandate :shock:

Bibby, Robert Andrew
(The Conservative Party candidate)
2048 41.21%

Jenkins, Paul David
(Liberal Democrat)

Shatliff, Benjamin Francis
(The Labour Party candidate)
I voted in the Unsworth Ward in Bury ... the results were:

Beverly Jean Sullivan (Conservative) 1311
Joan Grimshaw (Labour) 1250
Geoffrey Arthur Young (LibDem) 372
Paul Belmont Gerrard (Ind) 154

Up until yesterday, our councillor was Joan Grimshaw from Labour ... not anymore though!
Lorns

No voting round my neck of the woods either. You know the place, it's the part of England that has an umbilical cord attached to France.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
nwtv2003

We couldn't vote, 5 areas of Warrington weren't yesterday for some reason or another, but the News is that Warrington is no longer Labour controlled, it is now no overall majority, meaning we're both Labour and Lib Dems.
steve
Square Eyes

Poor Ben, I'm sure this photo on his website did him no favours.

Nick Harvey
God

Square Eyes wrote:Image
So which of those two is the one with the enormous salary, the enormous grace and favour homes. the very small cocktail sausage and the non-existent department?

I think we should be told!
all new Phil

Following today's cabinet reshuffle, could someone tell me what John Prescott now actually does? He retains the Deputy Prime Minister title, yet his department of community and something-or-other has gone to someone else. Is he just in the cabinet to please all the Old Labour types?
Nick Harvey
God

all new Phil wrote:Is he just in the cabinet to please all the Old Labour types?
I think it's just to prove that Labour have ONE member who's slightly to the left of David Cameron.

At least with Two-Shags out of the picture now, there's just a vague possibility that Wiltshire's fire engines won't be being directed from a control room in Delhi, or somewhere equally knowledgeable about the country lane between Urchfont and Easterton.
Square Eyes

all new Phil wrote:Following today's cabinet reshuffle, could someone tell me what John Prescott now actually does? He retains the Deputy Prime Minister title, yet his department of community and something-or-other has gone to someone else. Is he just in the cabinet to please all the Old Labour types?
Says it all really. :shock: