The Hair Thread

marksi

Ta for the advice miss hellfire. I like the rechargeable clippers cos then I can use them in the bathroom, though they're not as powerful as the mains ones. The Remington ones I've got have ceramic blades which have stayed sharp but the battery is starting to hold less of a charge (after approaching 3 years) so new ones will soon be required.

That said sometimes I give it the full blown wet shave. Just for a change.

And yes, I'm liking cat's new pic too. ;)
Lorns

Oooh! Marksi i recommend the vidal sasoon rechargables. Remington are crap IMHO. As for wet shave, use an old fashioned shaving brush to lather up your shaving foam of choice. It lifts the hairs and prevents ingrowing hairs. Use cold water to rinse your blade as the cold water will close the pores and help prevent Razor rash. Aways use an aftershave or witchhazel solution afterwards.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
cat

miss hellfire wrote:Marksi and cat look good with skinned heads, infact Cat looks well buff in that pic if you don't mind me saying so cat.
*soft sound of purring*

And, of course, you look great too, but I don't need to tell you that.

As a point of reference, I used 10 quid clippers from Argos, but my hair looks absolutely fine... I think. Everyone says it looks good, at least.

I'm growing mine a little bit back to normal length and having highlights done (i'll look like a proper gay boy again), then shaving it off after it's got too long.

I'll probably end up buying a nicer pair of clippers, but at the moment the ten pound ones aren't all that bad.
Lorns

Dr Lobster* wrote:ImageImage

i think it looks like a really old picture of freddie mercury.
SPOOKY!!!
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Square Eyes

Is this person from 80's band Kajagoogoo ?
Cheese Head
Banned

A friend o' mine is an apprentice hairdresser and she always tells me off for not using salon products. And then i say I need/want hair straightners and my hairdresser says - GHD or nothing.

theyre like $200 (bout 80 pounds) and i'm like hmmm but i dont have that much hair that requires the attention of $200 straightners.

hmm.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Jamez
Banned

I'm not cutting it, so ner-ner-ner.

I can't believe so many of you on here are so conformist! Deary me! ;)

Re: Long grey bits...

Your hair isn't long, Nick. It wouldn't suit you if you had long hair. Maybe a long white beard, though. Start growing it now, and it will be big and bushy in time for the M&S grotto in December! ;)
marksi

Jamez wrote:I'm not cutting it, so ner-ner-ner.

Funny how different people have different standards, it's not that long ago that shaving your head would have been seen as a sign of rebellion...
Gavin Scott
Admin

Jamez wrote:I'm not cutting it, so ner-ner-ner.

Well what on earth did you ask for?

Anyway I stand by my comments that fashion hair on vain men makes them unattractive.

Deeply.

But each to their own.
peterrocket

After living with someone who uses GHD straightners and having to straighten the back of their hair, they actually *are* better than cheapy argos ones.

I was under the same, why bother if you can get them cheaper opinion, but it does a nicer job plus there's a fab wee swivelly thing at the end for the cable. Top job.
Jamez
Banned

What does GHD stand for?